Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele is very good with the ball at his feet, but there is much more to it as we know in the Premier League.

He has all the ability we need in terms of passing but unless he can cover the ground and the spaces, it's not enough in most games .

He brought us back into today's game but the bloke needs even more.

Nobody was "melting."

I think some people were questioning why in a 1-1 the guy who was integral in our only goal and the only player in midfield making quality forward passes was being taken off instead of other players (Winks, PEH, Moura) who were doing little to nothing out there.

I think fans are totally justified in wanting to see two creative players like Lo Celso and Ndomebele play together, so the reaction was fair at the time.
Look at this page and tell me there's no melting...

All good signs. Yes he was subbed off at half time, but this was still the longest period he's been on the field for us in god knows how long. Painfully dense run of games where we'll need his creativity too.

45 mins today, 30 mins against Plovdiv, 20 minutes I think in the game before that. 60 mins next time, hopefully.

Ndombele coming good would be absolutely massive for us. It's also fantastic if José is demonstrating that even if you're out of favour you can turn it around at the club (unless it's a Rose style meltdown).

All good signs. Yes he was subbed off at half time, but this was still the longest period he's been on the field for us in god knows how long. Painfully dense run of games where we'll need his creativity too.

45 mins today, 30 mins against Plovdiv, 20 minutes I think in the game before that. 60 mins next time, hopefully.

Ndombele coming good would be absolutely massive for us. It's also fantastic if José is demonstrating that even if you're out of favour you can turn it around at the club (unless it's a Rose style meltdown).
The man is quality and offers abilities no one else has on this squad. That sequence of moves to set up that first goal is just a glimpse of what he can be.

The man is quality and offers abilities no one else has on this squad. That sequence of moves to set up that first goal is just a glimpse of what he can be.
A happy and fit Ndombele is unironically the 'like a new signing' bump this team needs. It's great to see and is the best outcome that could have happened compared to taking a loss and shipping him out.

Just like how I wanted but could never imagine Bale returning, I really though Tanguy's days with us were numbered this summer. Credit to everyone involved.

I suspect Tango needs until Christmas - injury free and being included - to get aclimatised.

And needs to be played in the hole until he's properly used to the intensity.

Two games and two key moments from Ndombele. Hopefully this is just the beginning and it will almost be like a new signing. If Mourinho can figure out how to play Lo Celso and Ndombele together, then we got a serious midfield

Seems to be getting on alright with the squad
It's the little things but between that and liking Mourinho's instagram post, it's more from Ndombele's social media than we've seen in a long while.

Perhaps Levy's 'I got told I should leave school at 16' pep talk actually worked.
:levystare:

This, more or less. He's played in 3 matches in a row after basically not playing at all since March. No reason to think he won't continue to get more and more minutes in this midfield.

Back
Top Bottom