Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The funniest thing is how everyone is just so desperate for him to be good that they spend the entire game looking out for every single successful pass he makes to justify the 60m

He was better than usual but did we do better or worse when he went off?

We did better but there's more to it than that. Tactical adjustments were made and we stopped getting caught off-side. The latter which has nothing to do with him him.

He doesn’t seem to be the best defensively from what I’ve seen. But, I wish the focus were on bringing in a defensive midfielder instead of areas where he lacks. If we could have a prime Wanyama with NDombele and Lo Celso, we’d be set for a starting midfield.

Interesting piece. In my opinion, though, there are too many assumptions and two major blocking points in this article:

It seems to forget that Ndombele and Lo Celso are not 100%. The substitution made on Sunday was based on that (and the fact that Ndombele had a yellow card). It's not a sure thing that Jose only sees Ndombele as "an awkward number 10" - in other words, the French and the Argentinian are not necessarily fighting for the same position in the team.

And also, it mentions the 3-4-3 as a guaranteed way to go now with Reguilón and Doherty - it would restrict the number of midfielders in the team. So far, however, nothing really points to that direction. It's difficult to build a prediction based on a change to a back 3/5 - a system never used on a regular basis by the manager in charge.

Ndombele seems to be trying hard now. Considering the talent he's got, I think we could see him regularly in the first team, playing from deep - exactly like the article asks; in a inverted triangle, alongside Hojbjerg, with Lo Celso ahead of them as a 10.

Last edited:
I would like to see Ndombele start on Tuesday, and get some minutes on Thursday if possible. Obviously a lot depends on whether his body can manage games in such quick succession, but as long as he isn't playing 90 minutes every few days then it should hopefully not be an issue. The more games he gets the more confidence he should hopefully have.
He wouldn’t be able to that would he? Nobody involved tonight would also be involved on Thursday.

The 3-4-3 is tough because our CB's are stretched enough when we use 2 of them to now have to go to 3 and only have one guy, Davies who we don't even want on the field, to be suited to a back 3 doesn't seem like a great plan.

The other concern would be it likely means only one of Ndombele or Lo Celso on the field at once since I doubt Jose is willing to go Reguilon-GLC-Ndombele-Doherty. So that means we likely have two guys that shouldn't be starting playing in PEH and Davies to try and fit Doherty in the line-up.

Back
Top Bottom