Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your view on us playing 3-4-3?
I don't think Mourinho will do it but I think he should at least give it a try.

I’d rather we switched to a 433, think it would suit the players we have and way we want to play, better. Simplify Hojbjerg’s job, get our two best footballing midfielders either side of him, two pacey direct players (Bale, Moura, Berg) either side of Kane.

I’m not averse to the idea of 343 but it doesn’t solve the problem of not having CM’s that work well in double pivots. I suppose the other option is a 352?

I’d rather we switched to a 433, think it would suit the players we have and way we want to play, better. Simplify Hojbjerg’s job, get our two best footballing midfielders either side of him, two pacey direct players (Bale, Moura, Berg) either side of Kane.

I’m not averse to the idea of 343 but it doesn’t solve the problem of not having CM’s that work well in double pivots. I suppose the other option is a 352?
352 seems hard, with one of Kane, Son or Bale on the bench or in a non preferred position. I guess I'd prefer 433.

Can/will PEH have the discipline to just 'sit and screen' though.....?

One way or another we need that player.

Can/will PEH have the discipline to just 'sit and screen' though.....?

One way or another we need that player.

I don't know, but he hasn't got the more wide ranging tools to play as a double pivot, so at least simplifying his remit and flanking him with an 8 each side to do the football playing, should help not hinder in his case.

I don't know, but he hasn't got the more wide ranging tools to play as a double pivot, so at least simplifying his remit and flanking him with an 8 each side to do the football playing, should help not hinder in his case.

You, I and many other have been on this page before we even signed him.... 2 manager late and we've yet to see it tried. I'm not holding my breath. :(

Has anyone watched a full game of Sangare? Any views?

I have gone back and viewed 5 or so games this past summer as bus-conductor bus-conductor has been high on him. I like what I see of him, like BC has pointed out a few times he is a player that takes chances, likes the ball at his feet, can get caught out, but is heavily involved. He wants the ball. He has a high upside and I really like what I have seen.

I am no expert, but he has a bit of Viera in him for me. Lengthy, dynamic, and has a good bite to him.

Has anyone watched a full game of Sangare? Any views?

I've probably watched him about 50 times. He's been playing in a very poor Toulouse team, but never hides, keeps wanting the ball. In terms of physical and tenchical qualities, he's got the lot, he also works hard, has a good engine, tackles plenty, can hold off and dribble out of a press, and can pass the ball well. He can sometimes be a bit sloppy passing or dribbling out of dangerous areas, that’s a mental thing IMO, awareness and decision making, and that needs polishing out of him (or into him). For 10m, if we could polish the flaws, we'd be getting a player who's good now, but massive potential ceiling. Well worth a 10m punt IMO.

Last edited:
I've probably watched him about 50 times. He's been playing in a very poor Toulouse team, but never hides, keeps wanting the ball. In terms of physical and tenchical qualities, he's got the lot, he also works hard, has a good engine, tackles plenty, can hold off and dribble out of a press, and can pass the ball well. He can sometimes be a bit sloppy passing or dribbling out of dangerous areas, that needs polishing out of him. For 10m, if we could polish the flaws, we'd be getting a player who's good now, but massive potential ceiling. Well worth a 10m punt IMO.
Wonder why Levy is hesitating then, he’s not expensive and he’s desperate to leave his team.

Wonder why Levy is hesitating then, he’s not expensive and he’s desperate to leave his team.

Because it likely means moving out one of the Spurs golden boys in Winks, Sissoko or Gedson. No need for those 3 plus Sangare.

And the club has shown they prefer to go with the mediocre they know over the potential improvement of someone they don't.

Look back on how reluctant this club has been at moving players out of the club, especially if they at any point have been "key" players.

Rose is still here for christ sakes, Jan had to leave on a free, they still almost begged Eriksen to stay despite him repeatedly saying he wanted to go, Wanyama I think they ended up paying to go almost, Lamela and Moura are still hanging around despite consistently showing how mediocre they are. I think Janssen is finally gone but who knows, Gazzanigga is still here but not sure if he ever even makes the bench. Tons of Aurier rumours and reported requests to leave but still here.

I am not sure how good Sangare is but it is hard to imagine he brings less that Gedson, but Gedson is here so he "wins" that battle, hard to imagine that Sissoko adds more to the team now or going forward or that we couldn't get more for him but he is a superstar french international so we all get to cringe watching him fumble around out there for Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom