The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not gonna scroll through everyone's opinion so sorry if im echoing what's already been said.

This game is huge for Poch. A win and his decisons against the scum seem every so slightly more justified but not forgiven. a lose and I'm afraid he won't be the flavour of the month...

IMO playing against the most inform English team at this moment in time, if we can hold our own and not embaress yourself if we were to loose then we draw the positives and move on. Against a lesser opponent my views would be different.

Either way. let's get behind the team and the manager. COYS

Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Toure, Aguero

No Hart, no Kompany and no Silva.

why people so calm predicting like 3:1 loss and shit lol. when was the last time Spurs allowed 3 goals? At least Defense looked good so far right? and its a home match come on!!

I think it might be due to the Woolwich loss. It was my first one as Spurs fan but felt muchworse than anticipated. made me gloomy for coupel of days. I think we need to get out of it lol
I meant the last time it happened, in reply to the question in the post I responded to. Looked up the results, it was actually the tail end of last season v Stoke of course.

We conceded 3 or more 7 times last season, including 2 wins (Chelsea and Leicester). City was 1 of the 7 (4-1 loss at theirs).

manchester city are playing a physical 3 man midfield to copensate for weak defence, while us on the other hand our midfield is nothing much to fear. Vertonghen and Alderweireld will have a lot of work to do, so will our attacking players, they will need to backtrack to help our in defence.

With this lineup this match should be a good measuring stick for us. Kane isn't firing and there are still a couple of injuries but this is just about as close to full strength as you can expect to be at any given point. This is also about as tough an opponent as we will see but win, lose, or draw, I'm hoping for some encouraging signs for the rest of our season. We're 6 games in, we should be hitting our stride.

COYS!

Back
Top Bottom