The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1-0 HT.

- Looking very solid.
- Could be 3-0 up.
- Great electric start to the game, seems to be our specialty.
- Lamela the pick of our attacking four, could have had a goal
- Alderweirelds passing is causing them all sorts of problems, a real asset.
- I love Eric Dier

Ye, only two losses, but only 6 wins too. The draws weren't that bad when we seemed to run over and dominate every team, and we were unlucky or lacked decent finishing to win. But when the draws keeps coming, along with the odd loss, and we aren't really deserving more, it's a bit more worrying.
I wish people would stop mentioning the unbeaten stuff.
1pt for a draw or 3 pts for a win.
points is what matters. not staying unbeaten.
we draw way too many.

lets win, get more pts & stop pretending that being unbeaten is better than more pts.

if we had more pts, u wouldn't say oh I wish we had less pts & were unbeaten.

Last edited:
Eric Dier: "You make your own luck. We weren't good enough in the second half. There are no excuses. We needed to come out with the same intensity in the second half but didn't. Everyone is down. It hurts. We want to win more than anyone. We need to learn from it and put it right next weekend"

One defeat and people are losing their minds..

Yes, we should be beating Newcastle.. But these things happen. Woolwich lost to West Ham, City lost to West Ham, United lost to Bournemouth.. They happen. One result isn't going to sum up our season.

I'm not happy we lost, but in a way it's a blessing as I feel the team were playing to protect the unbeaten run. Now we know we have to go out and win, it's simple. Pochettino will analyse today's game, work on where to improve next game and then go again. We have plenty to be happy about this season, let's not let one result ruin it.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I was about to punch a hole in a wall. Decided to take the kid to the park. So much better now.
And the pub on the way home.
walkfailgif.gif

It's a weekend ruiner. Having one hand on 4th only to fall flat on our face at the hands of Newcastle in an ugly collapse at home. On a day Woolwich go top. Let's hope it builds character and all that, and we can bounce back to keep this promising season going.

But fuck me this one hurt.

Regarding the photo, didn't think it would cause such controversy. I was piss drunk at a wedding and had no idea so many folks take such great offense to hair gel and a tux. Either way , It will come down.
Put it back on. You can have whatever you like as your avatar. It's a forum. Don't let any amount of drunken pisstaking make you think anyone really cares, or that their opinion should matter.

This thread is more disgraceful than the result.

Word of advice Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman - don't venture into this thread. It gets proper low...even by TFC standards. You'll be bitterly disappointed in the behaviour of some on here.

Just fuck off. How did we lose to them AGAIN!!!

Think we finally saw the game we all feared where we desperately needed someone up top to either help or replace Kane and had no one to call on.
Newcastle brought on two strikers and they changed the game. This one's on the transfer committee for me

"Cousin Eddie" dishing it out. Lmao.
Whatever, man. Get a fucking clue.
Nice avatar of a pic you think is cool.
Nice 'I wish I was a brother' haircut. And lingo.
Nice clown collar on your tux, you fucking wannabee.
The fact that you're from Philly alone makes you a fucking douchebag. And you back that up with every single post you make.
You're a fucking loser. Deep down you are keenly aware of that. Hence the haircut. 'LMAO'.

Just back from the game, an entirely predictable and avoidable result. Almost scripted.

As soon as Rose conceded the free kick I knew they were going to score and we'd probably end up losing.

Today wasn't the wake up, last week's game against West Brom was, it's a shame the players and the manager failed to heed it.

Despite what some people have written here I think Carroll had a terrible game and should have been subbed at least ten minutes earlier so we could at least attempt to wrestle control of the game back. Their manager and coaches always seemed to be in their technical area where as I didn't see Poch once in ours. When we've lost before I seen a lack of touchline presence from him. Maybe I looked over at the wrong times but that concerns me.

Passing was sloppy and possession was conceded time and again cheaply. What the hell was all that passing across our area business all about, aren't we meant to be pressing the opposition and not the other way around!

They passed forward and we passed sideways, when we did go forward it was like we were trying to thread the ball through an eye of a needle and always into the most crowded part of the pitch. We need to use the width of the pitch and stretch the opposition that way.

Eriksen needs to be dropped, he needs a kick up the backside and a reminder he isn't an automatic starter based on reputation.

The unbeaten run was always going to end but I'd hoped it wouldn't be in such a limp manner.

Plenty to build on, the top fours spots are up for grabs but the club need to use the transfer window properly. How about signing players we need on 1st Jan rather than the 31st Jan.....

It had to happen at somepoint. I don't think we are quite good enough to go the rest of the season unbeaten.
As was said, bad day at the office. Personally I thought Lloris could have done better with both goals. Think he was expecting a harder header for the equaliser.Wont slag him though,he has saved us a good few points this term.
Still...If you had told me after the Man u game in August it would be half way through December before we lost again,i probably would have chuckled.
Quick bounce back please chaps :)

Back
Top Bottom