The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They'd actually recovered their form a bit before they played us. And Nuno went with an insanely poor midfield which meant it was so, so easy for Woolwich to tear through us. I think we all know what the lineup will roughly be this time, and whilst it isn't inspiring, it's somewhat solid.
I don’t see a scenery where United doesn’t score 3 or 4 to be honest

Our fans are some of the most Deluded or biggest dreamers going, the last couple of seasons we have been absolutely shit, the style of play awful, and yet you guys think we'll beat utd😂😂.

We will concede in first 10 minutes & lose by 3 goals, and some fans still will believe levy cares about the football side🤣
We are shite but so are they, AND I think our style is suited to this game.

I actually think we’ll win this

They don’t have players with any bollocks looking to turn their form round, and by all accounts they all want Ole out

It’ll be a dreadful game but I think we’ll nick it 1-0
I’d take that, although I don’t think we have any players with bollocks looking to turn our form around either. And by all accounts they all want beardy out too.

0-0 with both teams time-wasting and taking the ball into their corner from the first minute.

Oh grow up. Our issues are mainly attacking, not defending. We're not getting pounded by 4 goals on a weekly basis.
I know. But United have some fantastic attacking players. I honestly think they have the best depth at that level in the league. Bruno, Ronaldo, Greenwood, Cavani, Sancho, Martial, Lingard. It’s certainly impressive. But once again they have an average manager, once they got a top one that makes them click they will be extremely dangerous.

And rashford. I forgot him but he’s also very good

I know. But United have some fantastic attacking players. I honestly think they have the best depth at that level in the league. Bruno, Ronaldo, Greenwood, Cavani, Sancho, Martial, Lingard. It’s certainly impressive. But once again they have an average manager, once they got a top one that makes them click they will be extremely dangerous.

And rashford. I forgot him but he’s also very good
Luckily for us, they don’t have a top manager right now though.

They’re not a team, they’re a bunch of individuals.

Agree they should be scary good but they need a top manager for that.

Our defence is pretty decent Skipp and PEH in front of Romero, Royal, Regulion and Lloris with only Dier a stand out weakness. We just can score.
We have good defenders on paper but I don’t feel that we are good defensively in the games. If you understand. A good defence is the one that allows the team to attack a lot in games and still hold things back. If you defend with everything in your midfield is different

We have good defenders on paper but I don’t feel that we are good defensively in the games. If you understand. A good defence is the one that allows the team to attack a lot in games and still hold things back. If you defend with everything in your midfield is different

Both teams are struggling, badly. They just got whipped 5-0 by a Liverpool side with a midfield of Keita/Henderson/Milner, they aren't great shakes. If you really can't see us not conceding 3/4 then that's a bit silly.

An out of form Leicester side scored 4 vs them as well. Villa beat them at OT and they've been terrible this season, an Atalanta side not pulling up trees in a weak Serie A were 2-0 up at HT and win if they don't continue playing ultra attacking.

Both teams are struggling, badly. They just got whipped 5-0 by a Liverpool side with a midfield of Keita/Henderson/Milner, they aren't great shakes. If you really can't see us not conceding 3/4 then that's a bit silly.

An out of form Leicester side scored 4 vs them as well. Villa beat them at OT and they've been terrible this season, an Atalanta side not pulling up trees in a weak Serie A were 2-0 up at HT and win if they don't continue playing ultra attacking.
Yeah I agree with your point. United is a 8 or 80 team with ole. They can be amazing or terrible. Let’s see tomorrow!

Oh and don’t bash Atalanta again!!!! My favourite team to watch in Europe in the last years! A truly Spursy team as well

Yeah I agree with your point. United is a 8 or 80 team with ole. They can be amazing or terrible. Let’s see tomorrow!

Oh and don’t bash Atalanta again!!!! My favourite team to watch in Europe in the last years! A truly Spursy team as well

I love Atalanta! Gasperini is an amazing coach and they've punched well above their weight for a long while. But sadly they are all or nothing and in that second half there was a need to slow the game down again and stop United's momentum, but that's not what Atalanta do!

Oh grow up. Our issues are mainly attacking, not defending. We're not getting pounded by 4 goals on a weekly basis.
We did concede 3 goals, 3 games on the spin though, and also 2 to an absolutely dreadful Newcastle side.

And the fact that Newcastle's second was down to Dier twatting it into his own bottom corner doesn't exactly improve the case for our defence.

Not a massive stretch to suggest that Utd could have a field day if they fancy bouncing back.

Back
Top Bottom