Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find it funny how when AVB was sacked everyone said "oh I'll get behind who ever is the new manager" etc, expecting someone high profile and then as soon as Tim is appointed the knives are out.

I think Harry is completely right, just because he isn't trendy or European everyone is so quick to jump on his back.

I agree with basically everything, but isn't it more so that the there is a clear divide in the people who "support," for the lack of a better word, Sherwood/AVB/Harry. Those who wanted Harry fired, seemingly, instantly "supported" AVB. Those who didn't want Harry gone were unwilling, or less inclined to, "support" AVB. As the same with AVB/Sherwood. I don't think it's a "trendy or European" thing, more so not moving on from the previous manager.

I find it funny how when AVB was sacked everyone said "oh I'll get behind who ever is the new manager" etc, expecting someone high profile and then as soon as Tim is appointed the knives are out.

I think Harry is completely right, just because he isn't trendy or European everyone is so quick to jump on his back.

Tim has managed to take over a squad suffering with severe injury problems yet his run of results have been excellent but for some people it's not enough they label it luck or what ever they use to justify their shallow opinions, I don't remember AVB running away with to many games, and don't get me wrong I was a big fan of AVB and I wanted him to do well, but an awful lot of the criticisms that TS is getting is unreasonable, and frankly it's getting tiresome reading the same shit arguments against him, just because someone has made their mind up about him before giving him a fair chance.
I think there is a difference between supporting him, not cheering for him and not wanting him as manager.

Out of interest what is your issue with Sherwood and who would you want instead? Oh and why?
I've made my stance clear numerous times already. Timmeh is here till the summer whereafter I would like to see an experienced figure come in and be given time. Unfortunately, the way we've treated our last 3-4 managers we might not be able to attract all the top names available.

I've made my stance clear numerous times already. Timmeh is here till the summer whereafter I would like to see an experienced figure come in and be given time. Unfortunately, the way we've treated our last 3-4 managers we might not be able to attract all the top names available.

I haven't had the distinguished pleasure of reading it properly. So enlighten, what have you against Tim. Who is this experienced figure you talk of? I am just interested.

That might be your stance, but thankfully, you aren't in charge of the club :) So who gives a fuck what you'd like.

When have we ever attracted the top names? Arguably at the time Ramos was a top name, and look how he turned out.

Supporting him and not cheering for him.

Ahhh the silent supporter. We sure need more of those.
I don't want him as our manager - that is my personal opinion and couldn't give less of a toss what you think of that. He has my support until the summer but will never elevate him into some kind of clubman in my view.

As for the rest of this polarisation that has taken place - It is clear as daylight all the trolls on here follow a similar pattern of attacks

- supported Arry
- hated AVB because of Arry and waned him sacked after 2 losses
- now support Timmeh because they hated AVB and since he's an Arry man
- support Defoe because he's an Arry boy
- hate Soldado because he's an AVB man and took Defoe's spot, etc.
- support Bentaleb becayse he's Timmeh's man and means one of AVB's guys is missing out
- etc.

Last edited:
Where did I say I want him sacked? He'll be here until the summer and bar some miraculous results - replaced with someone from the WC

You think he will be here til the summer, but that doesnt mean you want him here til the summer.

Are you actually going to try and worm out of the fact that you would replace him in one second if you could?

I think Timmy's 'special relationship' with the Press may not be a bad thing... We need them off our backs for more than 5 minutes in a season, and if Timmy can take a bit of that pressure off by being their 'mate' in a Redknapp-lite kinda way, then I'm fine with that!

The media may not know how to manage a football team, but they sure as hell know how to disrupt a club if they so feel the urge!!
I think Timmy will keep them at bay a while longer... Just enough time to allow Liverpool/Suarez to self-destruct so that we can take advantage!!

You think he will be here til the summer, but that doesnt mean you want him here til the summer.

Are you actually going to try and worm out of the fact that you would replace him in one second if you could?
Replacing him now would be suicide as it will disrupt the squad beyond repair whereas we still have half-a-chance to save our season. It it too late now, Levy has made the jump and we have to wait till the summer.

1437588_meanwhile-in-russia_jpg800513aad62ba27a067662914bbd491d

I think Sherwood's main problem is that he reminds everyone of the cocky cunt at school who always got the girl...and everyone hoped would end up a washed up drunk except the last time you heard about him was that he was making a fortune and lived in a great house with a beautiful wife and kids...that shit just isn't right...

Back
Top Bottom