Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not fussed about English, foreign, young, old, black, white, gay, straight, experienced, new, suit, tracksuit - I just don't think you can hire a manager and then sack him when he meets his targets just because you think there is a better candidate.

Imagine Sherwood finishing 4th and we replace him? We would look like the biggest bunch of cunts, and we'd be a fucking laughing stock.

Why did we sack AVB then? 7 pts off the league leaders, in both cups, 22 league games to play.

Now we are 3pts closer to CL however further off league leaders with 5 less game to play - AND dumped out of both cups.

Every manager can get the sack, in particular one on a caretakers 18 month contract like TS.

If Van Gaal, Hiddink, Garcia or Pottechini gets available, I would not hesitate a monent. Neither will Levy or any chairman with a quarter of a brain.

Well Holtby and Capoue have not exactly been overly needed.....not like say, Ade, Caulker, VDV, Eriksen and BAE.....

There are two scenarios.
In years to come, Sherwood has taken us to the next level
In years to come, he has been replaced

Again, we've had 7 or 8 players out in the MONTH since Sherwood took over. It seems like people were happy to give AVB this whole season to *cough* GEL the squad.....but Sherwood had the West Ham Cup game as his judgement day.....

He has not had a full squad.....yet he has utilised what he has had well...... Harping on about fringe players possibly leaving is a weak as fuck...

This is the reason why we have been able to compete, look at the 8 injuries and the squad he had at his disposal. we have had the luxury of sailing through the injury crisis purely because of depth. To suddenly destroy one of our few advantages against our opponents is idiotic to say the least. We still have the europa league in case you forgot.

What can go wrong, usually does go wrong at spurs. There are a few scenarios that could lead to having to start with one striker, hence making one of Capoue and Holtby possibly vital substitutes or key players in europe this season

This is the reason why we have been able to compete, look at the 8 injuries and the squad he had at his disposal. we have had the luxury of sailing through the injury crisis purely because of depth. To suddenly destroy one of our few advantages against our opponents is idiotic to say the least. We still have the europa league in case you forgot.

Sorry, but AVB played near full strength teams in the EL, which is what caused our LB crisis

Honestly, everyone needs to calm down. Sherwood is still basically an interim regardless of what his contract says. He's managing to potentially retain the job, he's either up for it or he's not. If it doesn't work out here he leaves in the summer and probably gets hired at a decent lower table team to get more experience. No one would blame us for moving him as he is inexperienced.

We'll be in a good situation if we do need a new manager as after the World Cup is one of the best times to find one. All this talk of the club being ruined and unattractive is nonsense. We've built up an attractive name around Europe the last five years or so. Furthermore, we'll always have more money than 98% of clubs in Europe. The new PL TV money will ensure we will be able to attract players and coaches in the near future. It certainly was a large factor this summer.

If Sherwood makes the job his own that's great too as it will mean we've succeeded. Personally, I would recommend everyone calming the teeth grinding for a little while since I think we're going to be fine either way. We'll have plenty of managers to choose in the summer if need be.

Also, I'm not worried if we were to sell Holtby or Capoue as if we're going to be involved in the summer window we're going to need to clear the decks a bit. We have far too many players currently, especially in the midfield.

I understand the concerns about Sherwood and the club's direction but I think they are vastly overblown and blinded by factionalism. The only thing I don't understand is the accusations of Sherwood being arrogant. I've seen a lot of quotations that supposedly prove that but then when you watch the interview it is always taken out of context.

Like with the Southamptom stuff, he gets asked if another guy is going to take his job and all he says is that there is more pressure to succeed at Spurs than Southamptom since the expectations are different. We all know this is true. I've watched most of his interviews and I don't find him arrogant but instead very truthful, blunt, and to the point. Personally, I think that is refreshing considering some of the abject shit managers around the league spout.

Last edited:
My worry is Timmy's lack of media handling skills could be even more embarrassing if results go tits up again. He comes across as 'one of the boys' which is great to see on one hand but on the other you want someone who can be diplomatic and fend off tricky questions. Anyway we are still up there so we should back him and and the team. On that point let's hear some songs down the Lane, I've heard more noise in a morgue!

He has been fantastic so far in his press conferences and his handled himself very well but in all seriousness who cares how he comes across to the press as long as he gets results. People seem determined to focus on any negative they can with Sherwood rather than just concentrating on the most important thing, results.

Last edited:
He has been fantastic so far in his press conferences and his handled himself very well but in all seriousness who cares how he comes across to the press as long as he gets results. People seem determined to focus on any negative they can with Sherwood rather than just concentrating on the most important thing results.
Agreed. And compared to AVB's highly rehearsed politician-style rhetoric it's quite refreshing to hear Sherwood talking.

I feel we are going to struggle tomorrow but come good again. We are very fragile as a team and although we can turn games around, It's been a fine line between winning and losing. Palace was a wake up call . Players are taking responsibility but I'm afraid TS needs to step up. He needs to show us his envloved in the game and not just picking the team. Sometimes the players seem to need some guidance. Hopefully win tomorrow ,a big 3 points . The pressures on.

He has been fantastic so far in his press conferences and his handled himself very well but in all seriousness who cares how he comes across to the press as long as he gets results. People seem determined to focus on any negative they can with Sherwood rather than just concentrating on the most important thing, results.
that bellend, scaramanky... he cares, and cries about him, every day. Bore off you fucking clown shoe.

Are you okay? In the head like?
I'm fine thanks, lol. Sorry fella, crossed wires. I was referring to another Spurs site, where certain admin feel it necessary to cunt off Tim at every opportunity, on the basis that he doesn't interview well.
I should have bolded out your "who cares" bit, and it may have made more sense.

:freund:

Honestly, everyone needs to calm down. Sherwood is still basically an interim regardless of what his contract says. He's managing to potentially retain the job, he's either up for it or he's not. If it doesn't work out here he leaves in the summer and probably gets hired at a decent lower table team to get more experience. No one would blame us for moving him as he is inexperienced.

We'll be in a good situation if we do need a new manager as after the World Cup is one of the best times to find one. All this talk of the club being ruined and unattractive is nonsense. We've built up an attractive name around Europe the last five years or so. Furthermore, we'll always have more money than 98% of clubs in Europe. The new PL TV money will ensure we will be able to attract players and coaches in the near future. It certainly was a large factor this summer.

If Sherwood makes the job his own that's great too as it will mean we've succeeded. Personally, I would recommend everyone calming the teeth grinding for a little while since I think we're going to be fine either way. We'll have plenty of managers to choose in the summer if need be.

Also, I'm not worried if we were to sell Holtby or Capoue as if we're going to be involved in the summer window we're going to need to clear the decks a bit. We have far too many players currently, especially in the midfield.

I understand the concerns about Sherwood and the club's direction but I think they are vastly overblown and blinded by factionalism. The only thing I don't understand is the accusations of Sherwood being arrogant. I've seen a lot of quotations that supposedly prove that but then when you watch the interview it is always taken out of context.

Like with the Southamptom stuff, he gets asked if another guy is going to take his job and all he says is that there is more pressure to succeed at Spurs than Southamptom since the expectations are different. We all know this is true. I've watched most of his interviews and I don't find him arrogant but instead very truthful, blunt, and to the point. Personally, I think that is refreshing considering some of the abject shit managers around the league spout.

This is the fucking internet...who else is going to want to listen to us talk shit about this stuff? People have to get this shit off their chest otherwise it festers away inside them and they end up as that weirdo who mutters to himself on the bus/tube/down the pub...mind you I think a few on here have already reached that stage.

I find it funny how when AVB was sacked everyone said "oh I'll get behind who ever is the new manager" etc, expecting someone high profile and then as soon as Tim is appointed the knives are out.

I think Harry is completely right, just because he isn't trendy or European everyone is so quick to jump on his back.

Tim has managed to take over a squad suffering with severe injury problems yet his run of results have been excellent but for some people it's not enough they label it luck or what ever they use to justify their shallow opinions, I don't remember AVB running away with to many games, and don't get me wrong I was a big fan of AVB and I wanted him to do well, but an awful lot of the criticisms that TS is getting is unreasonable, and frankly it's getting tiresome reading the same shit arguments against him, just because someone has made their mind up about him before giving him a fair chance.

Back
Top Bottom