Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back from the game and really gutted. Can't bring myself to watch the highlights; listen to any dick 'experts'; or read any idiot whingers on here until tomorrow...But, I'll just say this:
except for a bit of naivety and crazy few moments we played well and deserved more than we got.
Proud of the lads regardless. COYS!

We have the best striker in the world. He will get at least once chance, and you'd put money on him taking it. They may have just put in a 'master class' against Lazio, but we are better than Lazio. We have better players, a stronger team and a winning mentality.

They need to try and score, not us. We have the benefit of the away goals, so if we can keep it tight for the first half, maybe play on the break like against Madrid then we will cause the problems. I know Dybala is back, but we have enough to contain him.

Beat Juventus and then we have beaten the current holders, 2 of the last 3 finalists and Dortmund who were in the final not too long ago. We've had the toughest run of all the sides, and we keep proving we are worthy of our spot.

Really pumped for this but also completely shitting it!

A lot of the team is self selected.

Lloris

Trippier Sanchez Vertonghen XXXXX

XXXXX Dembele

XXXX Alli Eriksen

Kane

Realistically Davies and Dier take the first two spots? It was interesting though that both played on sat. I thought Rose did well vs Rochdale but obv the standard of opposition is massively different. I miss the Vic of last season. Absolute powerhouse, breaking up play, holding the ball well, passing it well he’s just not there yet this year so Dier nailed on for me.

The forward position I want to be Son. He deserves it and I want us to go at them and run at their ageing defence. I fear Poch will go for Lamela for a couple of reasons 1. He’s snide, he’ll tactically foul, he’ll get in their faces and he’ll make a fight of it, 2. He knows Italian football and started the first leg in Turin, and 3. Trippier will be up against Costa and will need help and someone to track back, Lamela is much more likely than Son to do this.

Son makes my team for wed. Just not sure about Poch

Tripps watching it all back, in slow motion
tenor.gif

For all the old spurs that went to Holland in 74...and the not so old that went to Ajax in 81 and Dundalk and Barcelona and all the spurs fans that have followed us around Europe since.. tomorrow is for you hopefully our team will respond.

Game day, cannot wait to be stuck on the North Circular later attempting to get to Wembley!

Today would have been my step dad’s 80th birthday and he was responsible for my supporting of the mighty Spurs. Not to mention it’s also my birthday tomorrow, don’t let us down now please!

Let’s do these and get another glamour tie and at least 2 more European matches!

COYMFS!

I have a feeling Dele is going to do something special tonight. He has been quietly playing well the last few weeks and seems to like the big occasion.

Some cunt on the radio calling himself a Spurs fan saying after tonight’s inept performance if we don’t win the FA Cup Poch has to go, what rock do these cunts crawl out from

- Beat Madrid
- Beat Dortmund twice
- Draw at the Bernebau
- Draw at the Juventus stadium

It's been a memorable one.

We've had worse games. We've lost to worse teams.

It hurts because they were good for about 30 minutes over 2 games and knocked us out, but every season under Pochettino we learn. We go again.

Another positive from tonight. 84,000 attendance. What a fantastic amazing fan base we have. Most top clubs in Europe, let alone England, can only dream of that kind of support.
Our fans have shown once more the massive potential of our fantastic club.

Heartbroken. Absolutely heartbroken. But, and though I'm loathe to use this as an opportunity to show the difference between us and the lot down the road - I'm so bloody proud. If you'd offered me this run before the start of this season I'd have bitten your hand off. What a trip it's been. I bloody love Spurs. What a club.

Juve changed their setup and scored their 2 goals almost right away, now we are behind in the tie, they have gone to a back 4, what did Poch change ? nothing why ?
playing... there are things that he needs to learn

So easy to be wise after the event , Juve will do that to a lot of teams it's why they win win win, we'll have learnt plenty last night.
The thing that grates the most is that they SHOULD have been changing their set-up to accommodate being a man down!

Stamping on an opponents leg is a sending off offence... the worst thing is that the Media will brush this off as "experience and nous" when in fact it gave them an unfair advantage that they clearly benefited from.

It's not the losing that hurts, we've lost before, and will again... it's more the ill-perceived notion that we're playing at the 'Top Table' and aren't good enough, or deserving to be there... And inevitably came up short.

And yet this 'Top Table elite' can stoop to Sunday morning PARK football tactics, and it's somehow lauded by Football.

One thought... imagine if DELE had done that to Higuain?
The witch hunt would've been in full flow by Half-time.

...and just think of the Media furore if Poch IMPLENENTED such dirty ARGENTINEAN tactics! He's be hung out to dry, and told that's NOT the English way of playing ... but it fucking gets results, doesn't it? Spoiling tactics always seem to!

It's double standards when it suits the narrative... and frankly, it fucking stinks!

Last edited:
Sorry but you Juve guys on here (don't know why you are on a Spurs forum?) can't justify your upper hierachy being in the tunnel - it's simply inappropriate and given your clubs shady history should be avoided.
Poch is perfeclty within his rights to mention that it isn't professional and Poch wouldn't want Levy acting in that way.
I’m here for to know Spurs’s supporters opinion.
I respect your team because are young, with talent, with competitive spirit.

P.S. I remember a nice match at the old stadium in August 2007, Spurs versus Everton with Berbatov ( my once time White Hart Line)
Different team.

I hope that my comments were welcome and not offensive

Back
Top Bottom