Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For this reason, I expect defeat.

A characteristic shared by a number of your countrymen, and I never doubted it would be a dour Scot who would make the effort to shit on our night under the lights before a ball is kicked. You’ve spent too long under the sea Vince, so break the surface, come up into the light, the air is sweeter up here. Also, please stop quoting Cicero. You may fancy yourself as the Aristotle of the Clyde, but at least he got behind his team you defeatist Quisling.

P.S. I am also on a yellow along with Cooper and Mindblown so vote away son, vote away.

Last edited:
I have to say I somewhat dislike Pochettino's Champion's League obsession.

Of course it is important but the name of the competition is a phoney and it just distorts aspiration.

Important yes but not as significant or telling as winning your domestic league or giving your all in domestic cups when trophies make you a winner regardless of the tournament.

Beware the fall Mr P and rein in the one competition importance, which even getting into the top 4 is centred on.

Are you a secret gooner? Not in the CL, suddenly it’s a shit trophy? :deledoubt:

Guido I do not want to be right we have different opinions. I have nothing but respect for the Spurs and the way they played. You have an incredible team and for large parts of both legs you dominated the game, I disagree with regards to the last 20 minutes after Juve's goals, but that does not change the overall picture. BUT if a team dominates a game for over 100 minutes out of 180 and still concedes 4 goals that could have easily been many more, it cannot be down to luck. I believe Alderweid absence has been a factor but the second goal by Dybala is absolutely absurd in that situation. Higuain found an incredible pass but the fact tact he could do that and find Dybala behind the line at 40 mt from goal IMO is simply not right, it should not have happened and it was a tactical mistake that was obviously compounded by the not exceptional individual quality of your CBs.
On the bright side I think you have in your hands a very easily improvable team, which could become a dominant force in EPL and Europe provided you hold on your best players that are so young can only improve over the next couple of years.

With a couple more strong CBs and more experience, ditching Verthongen that is out of his depth at this level, I think the team is incredible. At least that is my opinion

I respect your opinion and the fact that you've come on here to give some praise and not be an utter twat.

However you are wrong about Vertonghen, he's a class act and is in the top 2-3 CB's in England. He's an 8/10 most weeks and has put in MOTM performances against some of the leagues best teams this season. You're CB's were caught out for Harry Kane's goal in Turin, that does not mean Cheilini is out of his depth.

Jump to 3:00 for his take on Spurs following Juve defeat if you don't want to listen to the whole vid. I like that he is challenging the narrative around Juve and Spurs and I agree with it, as I've been banging on about it with our Juve friend in previous posts. Given his closeness to Poch re his book, I also like that he consistently talks about Levy, Poch and keeping players, everything he says is about the project being built rather than the one being broken up and sold off. I know that he is closer to Poch and his coaching staff than any Journalist there is, so unlike another I take what he has to say over and above any journalist (regarding Spurs).

Personally I'm getting pretty tired of football punditry this season, the majority are lazy ex-pros who are getting paid for pushing the same tired old narratives without adding anything new, mainly because that would mean actually doing a bit of work and doing their own research and , you know, actually using their own fucking eyes.

The main culprits are Shearer and the majority of the cunts on Sky. The only people that I can listen to are those who are not worried about bucking the narrative and expressing their own opinions, guys like Gordon Strachan, Chris Sutton, Craig Bellamy even Ian Wright, Danny Murphy and JJ are OK but JJ is too easily bullied into just going with the flow of bullshit especially by that cunt Shearer who's just a fucking blow hard.

Sorry but you Juve guys on here (don't know why you are on a Spurs forum?) can't justify your upper hierachy being in the tunnel - it's simply inappropriate and given your clubs shady history should be avoided.
Poch is perfeclty within his rights to mention that it isn't professional and Poch wouldn't want Levy acting in that way.
OK, probably the last one from my side.
why I am here? I just wanted to know Spurs' supporters opinion. I'm glad I did, because I understand Pochettino's words better now and understand opposite side better.
It's also good that I watched the video, because what you can read in mass media (Italian and not only) is short extracts of the full interview that taken separately from whole text give wrong impression that your coach just seeks for excuses off the pitch.

I can't justify our upper hierarchy being in the tunnel and never planned to do it. I don't see it somehow conditioned the game, so don't care much about it. If the referee would give us some "favours" I would be the first to shut up with question marks in my mind, but now I see no subject to really argue... it's only "thanks" to the journalist who digged this shit to stink.

So, sorry for the invasion if you didn't like it. Good luck in Premier!

Oh really? I just know Tottenham once was about to sign him
Oh yes, he'll be starting at Wembley.
DVTDZONXUAEhcoz.jpg

Biggest worry for me is that we have a fucking awful start again. We just can’t afford to put ourselves in that situation.
As brilliant as our comeback was the other week, & as much as we outplayed them in the second half, I don’t think that they would lose a 2 goal lead again. In fact, if they take the lead they will be using every bit of experience they have & every dark art in their repertoire to keep their beaks in front.
This is a team that got to the final twice in past 3 years. That doesn’t happen by fluke.
I think we will nudge past them, but it genuinely is going to be a nail biter.
Still never seen us lose at Wembley. I am crossing everything that Wednesday isn’t the day when that lucky streak ends.
:avbpray:

Edit: We also need a good, strong referee. Any idea who it is and if he’s any good?

Last edited:
I remember listening to that game on the radio. Glory days!

It’s good to recall stuff like that. Reminds me and many others just how great we have things right now. An incredible new stadium on its way, a classy manager, the best striker on the planet (a Spurs fan too), and we’re on the eve of a CL game against Juve after topping a group that featured Madrid and Dortmund.

It’s mental.

As for the game itself, I feel calm now and really looking forward to it. I’m sure I won’t feel quite so calm once it kicks off.

It’s surreal really. 85k at Wembley. Just that alone is crazy.
Watching a spurs team that although not having silverware to show for it has been the most consistent team in the league over 3 seasons.

I can’t wait to walk into that stadium tomorrow, it’s going to be electric. Finishing work at 2pm tomorrow - head home to get the boy. Wednesday is going to fly by.

If we win this, it will be a defining game for us. A milestone we look back at for years as the moment we well and truly kicked in the door to the fine dining room of European football.

My nerves are kicking in now and I struggle to focus on anything else.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom