Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of our fans are unbelievable..

We go 17 games without losing and because we lost a game we are bottlers, Poch is useless and we are going to lose our stars.

Let me explain how football works.. you either win, lose or draw.

Last night we lost ( as I said our first defeat in 18 games) it happens, we were against a decent opponent.

IN FOOTBALL YOU DONT WIN EVERY GAME.

They're gonna be at full strength AREN'T they...?
And having had the weekend 'off' (albeit for tragic circumstances)

I assume they'll do a minutes' silence/applause pre-match??

We're gonna have to be bang on it from the off... and not let any emotion, or the occasion cloud our targets...

I say go for the win, and if we fall short, a low scoring draw will see us through...
But 'just' going for a draw could see us come unstuck.

It will be a one minute silence:

giphy.gif
I'm gonna live with this blunder for a while aren't I?:pochfacepalm::pochshock:

Great match. Gutted to see Spurs go out, but Allegri got it spot on with the formation change. Chiellini and Barzagli proper old school defenders.

Poch got out coached. Many people won’t want to hear it, but Allegri got it spot on in the second half.

We’ll learn from it, good experience for us.

I live in Streatham

45 minute wait to the tube

Jubilee to green park

Victoria to Brixton

20 minute wait for a bus

20 minute bus

Screaming baby when I get home

Would I do it again tonight?

Yes I would

We lost a game we were in control of, Poch made some mistakes, the players made some mistakes. You can analyse the game and feel disappointed, that’s fine. But we just played juventus in a European cup knockout game. I remember watching us play Wimbledon at selhurst Park in a relegation 6 pointer. I would have killed for nights like this back then. Enjoy it, tomorrow is a new day. COYS

I have to say I somewhat dislike Pochettino's Champion's League obsession.

Of course it is important but the name of the competition is a phoney and it just distorts aspiration.

Important yes but not as significant or telling as winning your domestic league or giving your all in domestic cups when trophies make you a winner regardless of the tournament.

Beware the fall Mr P and rein in the one competition importance, which even getting into the top 4 is centred on.

It’s the biggest club competition in the world and the only trophy we haven’t won. The rest of your post is gibberish.

Ok Mockers Mockers how didn’t we bottle it?
Bottling it suggests the occasion was to big and we froze / “bottled” it.

They made a tactical change and we didn’t deal with it quick enough. Made 2 mistakes and that was that.

Bottling it would have been going 2-0 down inside 10 minutes away from home and going on to lose 4 or 5 nil.

This side doesn’t bottle anything.

Losing a game doesn’t = bottling a game.

Well actually juve and almost no Italian team plays catenaccio any more if that word is used to make reference to the old system brought to fame by Rocco's Triestina and Milan in the post war years later taken over and developed by Herrera's Inter. But leaving tactics aside for another day and using the term in the loose sense of defensive culture , it is true that Juve left many opportunities to Spurs, way more than in any other game in the last year including the matches we lost against Barca and Real.
That has a lot to do both with some major blunders by Allegri, poor match form of many of our key players and of course with the quality of your midfield and forwards, once he fixed the biggest mistake by removing Barzagli from RB position the game turn almost immediately and after the goals Juve was in control there was not any major chance except on the wood hit by kane 1 meter offside . So far from a tacticla masterclass it was more a case of who screwed up less. Allegri was lucky to amend the mistake before conceding a second goal while Poch was extremely naive in keeping the defensive line 40 mts away from the goal when the score was 1-1 taking unnecessary risks since you were going thru and considering the quality of your CBs that is far from being on par with the rest of the team
Again I disagree, after you scored you didn't have control of the game, you sat deeper because you were forced to, we still got behind you (Son's chance also inches wide and loads of last ditched blocks). We regularly play against teams with zero ambition to win the game in the PL and we have been far more frustrated against Palace, Burnley, Chelsea, Bournemouth, WBA in all honesty they were better at it than you.

Yes you have the personnel to sit back and you are perhaps better prepared to do that, which is why I still maintain why we wouldn't chose to do that ourselves, not with this defence, if we had our best defence out on the pitch, primarily with Alderweireld (he is our Chiellini), if he was playing we would have/could have sat deep and played with 3 CB + 2 wingbacks just as we did in both games against BVB. But as I said to you earlier to do that and invite you onto us without Alderweireld would IMO have been suicide against Dybala, Higuaín et al.

I think over the two legs both teams rode they luck, your first goal in Turin was clearly offside but you missed a pen. At Wembley you should have had a penalty (Vertonghen on Costa) but so should we (Shirt pull on Vertonghen), you should also have had Barzagli sent off, if not a straight red card for his 3 stamps on Son, then for multiple yellow card fouls, same with a couple of your other players who were really fortunate not to see 2 yellows.

If I sound like a poor loser then so be it, I do know that you were extremely lucky to beat us, absolutely nothing will convince me otherwise. I have a lot of respect for Juve and whilst I know we are a hard side to beat, I wish that we possessed whatever it is that Juve have to get over the line, if that's called luck then I'll take it. If it's guile, knowhow, experience then that needs to be quantified because I didn't see that from you.

Finally forced myself to watch the highlights and Juve were fucking lucky. End of.
Don't wanna hear any bullshit about Allegri tactical genius, wily Juve, etc. Absolute bollocks.
Still very bitter about the result and reminds me of that bloody Chelsea semi last year.
No justice and I hate football sometimes.

And as for those so-called fans I saw leaving on 80 mins - I'm sorry, but you can fuck right off. The game could have always gone to (and almost did go to) extra-time so what are you leaving early for? Disgraceful fair-weather pussies. Like most, I stayed till the bitter end and got stuck in the crowd for well over an hour while you fucks sneaked off down Wembley Way so shit scared of having to wait for your poxy train. Wankers.

Last edited:
Finally forced myself to watch the highlights and Juve were fucking lucky. End of.
Don't wanna hear any bullshit about Allegri tactical genius, wily Juve, etc. Absolute bollocks.
Still very bitter about the result and reminds me of that bloody Chelsea semi last year.
No justice and I hate football sometimes.

And as for those so-called fans I saw leaving on 80 mins - I'm sorry, but you can fuck right off. The game could have always gone to (and almost did go to) extra-time so what are you leaving early for? Disgraceful fair-weather pussies. Like most, I stayed till the bitter end and got stuck in the crowd for well over an hour while you fucks sneaked off down Wembley Way so shit scared of having to wait for your poxy train. Wankers.
For the people who left on 80 minutes, I have no words.

I have to say I somewhat dislike Pochettino's Champion's League obsession.

Of course it is important but the name of the competition is a phoney and it just distorts aspiration.

Important yes but not as significant or telling as winning your domestic league or giving your all in domestic cups when trophies make you a winner regardless of the tournament.

Beware the fall Mr P and rein in the one competition importance, which even getting into the top 4 is centred on.
What exactly are you talking about?

I love going to Italy and love Italian people in general, but tonight you spaghetti munching fucking greasy catenaccio espresso sipping moped riding fuckboys are getting it

Mi dispiace Mario

Bloody hell there are some melts on here today....

Juve are a good team and showed yesterday they know how to win ugly, we smashed them for 165 mins of the 180 minute tie, they probably had what 5 good chances? and took 4.

We should of won 4-2 at Juve and should of been 5-0 up before they had their first shot on target yesterday. We didn’t take our chances they did, simple as that.

What we need to do now is get top 4 and try our hardest to win the FA cup. Do both those things and it’s the best season we have ever had in the PL era. So no need for everyone to start shitting there pants

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom