Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same. I'd rather miss it than have to tell the Mrs that Christmas with the family is cancelled because I caught Covid at a football match. Just not worth the risk.
I’m still planning on going.

TBH I’m more likely to catch it from my primary school age grandchildren, one son who is a paramedic, the other son who is a police officer and his wife who is an NHS counsellor. We’ve seen them all in the past week and they will all be at mine on Xmas day.

Getting within a few yards of you lot for a couple of hours is the least of my problems.

I’m imagining something along these lines.

2dac5a70fe092e424b778f0b0f84ceb7--amazing-spiderman-famous-quotes.jpg

31dJqb-ASEL._AC_.jpg
FG4ZrsVXsAUxZfU

Was talking to a couple of Liverpool fans on the the way home (nice geezers fairly old) and they both said they were surprised how good Spurs are. I said to them ‘so are we’. The fact is we have got good players and we just needed a proper manager to coach them.

I didn't write this...

Harry Winks
Started the game well from the off. His involvement in Kane's first half goal was crucial with a big sliding challenge in the Liverpool half which won Tottenham the ball back to start the move and whipped up the crowd. Played a couple of perfect balls over the top that set Spurs away on attacks and another curling pass in the final 15 minutes that led to Son's equaliser. Played the second half on a yellow card and this was one of his best performances in a long while. 9

Lots of positives today

Winks fantastic tackle led to our first goal and had a great assist for our second goal, and on top of that . caused their defence all sort of problems with his quick delivery in behind their back four. Defensively also very good.

Dele had his best match for probably 2 years - not quite back to his prime Poch days - only stopped from a goal by a great save.

Sessegnon looked going forwards and excellent in defence making Salah pretty much invisible today in tandem with Davies who continued to look the part under Conte .

Sanchez was defensively very sound alongside Dier who maintained the excellent form he's been in season

Lloris always dependable

Kane looked better and more animated than he's looked all season - although both he and Son missed a few, both played an important part

Ndombele made a great assist, but after that was less effective than he should/could be. A step up from some performances but needed to look at the efforts put in by his midfield partners.

Royal I'm hoping was still affected by covid and hasn't yet totally settled in.

Conte looks to have done an awe inspiring job with the players despite some not being available for training due to covid. 10/10

Gotta to love the knickers in a twist over the tackle on Robertson, look at his jump, look at his screaming, look at him looking at the ref for the decision.

As for the Dele situation, two hands in the back of Salad would be a pen all day long but because its mr flavour of the month full back its not.

We are definitely the most hated club in the Premier League these days. I fucking love it.
I genuinely don’t get it though, we’ve won nothing in years, we’ve been pretty shit for the last few seasons, they all say we’re a small club, apparently we’re bottlers… yet they’re all obsessed with us? Fucking weirdos

Back
Top Bottom