Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No whinging and melting tonight pls peeps......

After the last couple of weeks, there's so much to be proud of in that performance.

They have a much stronger squad than us, so if you compare man for man of course they will be missing better players, but that doesn't negate the fact we were missing half our best outfield players.

Romero is probably our best defender (as is VVD for them) who shouldn't be overlooked too.

Although I do think they have a good midfield, this patch of a few good seasons for them has (from what I can see) been based around 2 of the most effective wing backs in world football, a front 3 with extremely high returns, with a rock sitting in the middle of their defence.

God this needs to stop:

We were missing 5 from our first XI... They were missing 3..... Arguably 4.

+ Some of those that started for us were actually recovering from Covid (none of Liverpool's were).

+ We couldn't even train for best part of a week.

STOP DRINKING THE KLOPP KOOL-AID

WE WERE WORSE HIT

FUCK LIVERPOOL

UP THE SPURS

Last edited:
Thanks Antonio, you're giving us our Tottenham back. A Tottenham that we can be proud of. That's the biggest compliment you can give to a manager these days.

Before the game I said I’d take a draw, and I still would but we should have definitely have won that game. The chances were there.

However, that was the best game I’ve seen in a long long time, it had everything. The Jose and Nuno days feel like a lifetime away now

Watched the gane and can’t help thinking we play like underdogs from league 2. Sorry if that goes against the majority view but we were generally awful apart from the counters which we royally fucked up. If you are gonna sit back with the whole team behind the ball then don’t let half a team get all over you. We were 2nd to the ball in our own half most of the time and could barely string 5 passes together. Whereas they ljust stroll into our box.
We were playing in white mate...

It's been a long time since I've seen Spurs play with that much aggression and desire. They worked hard. Some players were unrecognisable. Winks, Sanchez, Sess, Dele....all played way beyond what they've shown in 2 years. Shows the strength of the Conte effect

Really unfortunate not to come away with all 3 points. A really great performance.

I'm sure this has probably been said already; I've not been following the thread. However regarding the 2 tackles kanes was a red by the letter of the law but there was a distinct difference between his tackle and robertsons that I dont think any of the sky or motd pundits spoke about. Kanes was an over zealous but genuine attempt to get the ball. Robertsons was a cowardly horrible tackle where he has deliberately gone in to leave one on his man. They were both red cards by the letter but Robertsons definitely more deserving of a red.

Back
Top Bottom