Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

vrRRvsH.jpg

Hart, Davies, Dier, Tanganga, Sissoko, Bergwijn, Moura, Bale, Vincius

I can't see JM trusting Sanchez and Dier together again.

I also don't think he'll play Sanchez and Rodon together.
I hope Rodon gets the start with Toby

I feel like it'll be 1 defender who didn't start yesterday and 1 who did start.

Then the rest of the players will be fresh players who either played very little or not at all.

Lloris
Tangana Toby Rodon
Meh Ndombele Reg
Dele Bale Kane Son

bored of Holberg puffing around and tapping the ball to our centre backs, let’s go with a 3-7 formation and overwhelm teams. Nothing to lose really

Lloris
Tangana Toby Rodon
Meh Ndombele Reg
Dele Bale Kane Son

bored of Holberg puffing around and tapping the ball to our centre backs, let’s go with a 3-7 formation and overwhelm teams. Nothing to lose really
I knew someone would turn on Hojbjerg sooner or later..

Everyone has the player that will do that job, but Hojbjerg is so much more than that as well. He's had 2 great assists this season, and breaks up play so well.

Hugo

Tanganga. Rodon. Toby. Reguilon

PEH. Ndombele

Ali

Bale. Kane. Son

Should of been our bloody team all season, but Jose picked the wrong players. This for me is our best team with Gio coming in and potentially taking Ali’s place
Agree. Possibly Aurier at RB, and Lamela and Lucas as impact subs
I knew someone would turn on Hojbjerg sooner or later..

Everyone has the player that will do that job, but Hojbjerg is so much more than that as well. He's had 2 great assists this season, and breaks up play so well.
I think he would look better pressing and chasing alongside a deeper lying ‘footballer’ but I really don’t like him as the holder. Perhaps our centre backs compound that, not sure. Good player and has a role, but I’m good with taking the handbrake off and unleashing our attackers!

Easy to tell from last night, by those rested, what Mourinho's initial choice for Sunday is

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez A.N.Other Reguillon
Ndombele Hjobjerg
Bale Son Moura
Kane

Now if anything from last night has changed that (hopefully Dele coming in) we shall see
If he continues to pick Sanchez he deserves for us to lose every game.

Lots of talk on the forum about our CB’s right now, but 2 things are very very clear to me......

1) Toby is still comfortably our best CB.

2) Sanchez is still comfortably our worst CB.

Honestly, if we can't get at least 7 points (should be bloody 9) from these next 3 games even stubborn Levy will have to start looking at replacements.

If he starts the Chuckle Bros. at the back again then sack him on the spot.

God I always dread playing this lot expect 90 minutes of banging your head against a wall while their players try to break our legs.

At least we're at home though.

Dele and Bale HAS to start.Not only because they deserve it, it will free up tons of space for Kane, Son and Ndombele. Starting two new players that are capable of match winning moments is huge. The attacking line-up is probably on paper the best ever in Spurs history. Burnley at home is the perfect game to try it out.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Rodon - Reguilón
Ndombele - Højbjerg
Bale - Lamela - Son
Kane

This is the line up for me, although I'd be quite happy with Dele in there instead of Lamela.
I don't expect this to be the team that José chooses though, I think we'll see Sanchez and/or Dier in the back line.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Rodon - Reguilón
Ndombele - Højbjerg
Bale - Lamela - Son
Kane

This is the line up for me, although I'd be quite happy with Dele in there instead of Lamela.
I don't expect this to be the team that José chooses though, I think we'll see Sanchez and/or Dier in the back line.
If he choses Sanchez and Dier together, and we don't win, then he only has himself to blame. He can't throw any of them under the bus. We have all seen the goals we've conceded due to the both of them.

Back
Top Bottom