Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vinny is a warrior he's never hidden and he fights for everything I really like the guy and have since day one , don't think he'll ever be one of our best players but he will play his part he was fantastic tonight.

I reckon we'll be stuck with him for the duration of his contract. He's realised he's not good enough. He doesn't want to play anywhere else and have people continue to laugh at him. He's just gonna turn up to training everyday, go through the motions, probably get a bit chubbier, then invest his wages in property and he'll retire when his contract runs out with us.
A player who just the year previous scored 27 goals in the Eredivisie is going to pack it in at 23 to become a pudgy estate broker? You've lost the plot.

I honestly feel a meal is being made out of Vinny's situation - Poch may want rid, but Vinny has the right to seek a move he's happy and motivated with. FFS everyone is over in the Barkley thread sucking the crock off because he turned down chavs, to the immense ire of his employer, because it wasn't the move he wanted....but Vinny is a cunt for doing the same? Fickle lot.

I'm sick to death of hearing the same old story about how we need to tighten the purse strings; and how we don't have the financial clout of our competitors.
Joe Lewis, according to Forbes, has a net worth @ $8.2 billion, and is listed as the 277th richest person on earth. Moreover, increased in TV money and Champs league revenue. The reason the money is not being spent on new players is because the board see Spurs as a business project. Austerity is what they see as key to the preservation and increase in their investment.
I wouldn't be surprised if the club is sold once the stadium is completed.
With the Champs league; the successful development of young players; and for the first time in years a manager with an identity and a game plan, money should be thrown at the team to consolidate our position as league challengers for years to come.
However, this won't happen. Cheaper options will be purchased, while we watch the players we should have gone for in the first place excel at our competitors....

Arcespaces first ever post was "Gooner cunt maggot" and I thought that was pretty bad.

You just pipped him for the worst first post I've seen. Congrats.

"Harry Kane? People can say what they want but I'm not afraid of anybody. He is a great striker but we will see how it goes. We can complement each other, I think I can learn a lot from him."

When people have talked about players of top quality not wanting to come here to be a certain back-up to Kane, this is exactly what I've been saying. Any player worth his salt, who's made it this far will and should believe enough in themselves to think, they can dislodge Kane or make Poch play them both.

He's just gone up hugely in my estimation. Love it :pochohshit:

We STILL lack and therefore NEED a calm experienced head as part of our strike force.

Someone who is or would be prepared to give us 20 to 25 minutes if the game required it.

Whilst I am glad we have signed another target and see that as a positive step I do sense a need for calm coldness in front of goal but also on the pitch at times. The games with West Brom, Chelsea and Southampton to a lesser extent made that point emphatically.

It is obviously not Pochettino's way to bring older players to the club and runs very much counter to someone like Mourinho but I think it's a flaw.

A few weeks to fo before the window closes. I would still love to see Shane Long at a sensible price or a similar type and a couple more players.

Essential in my mind.
Fuck off with your Shane Long nonsense.

Edit: this is statistically my most popular post

Last edited:
Another nobody signing from a shit league. Not going to cut it.

Meme-Faces-Troll-Gif-19.gif

How about giving Janssen the benefit of doubt? A few sub appearances here and there. His all round play has looked pretty good. Barring a few well saved shots he's hardly fired hundred shots into the open space like the one yesterday. Like all strikers he needs regular game time to get into a groove. Perhaps the goals and confidence will come against Gillingham? Not writing him off and find it odd how some are quick to jump on his back.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are so worried, Janssen has probably the best hold up play of any striker since god knows when at our club, even if he is not finding the back of the net he will and already has been providing chances from 15-20 yards for other players around him simply because of his power.

The goals will come in time but we have not had a proper out and out target man for a long time and it should enable the likes of Lamela, Son, Eriksen etc to have lots of chances around the box because he can bully defenders and lay off the ball really well.

His shot in the Sunderland game just looked like a guy trying to hard too prove himself. Give him a chance.

Some fellow fans are cretins, they really are. Basically, to some fans if you don't come in as a new player, even if young, and score within the first 200 minutes, you're shit. It's moronic. The worst thing for Janssen is that even if he gets double digits this season there will still be people saying he is shit, just like people said, and still say that, about Son.

Just get behind him. He has buckets of ability in every area. He also has a run at the first team at the right point for him, so it's ideal. I have no worried about him whatsoever, Soldado was a player who loved the club and did his best, but he was totally unsuited to the league. Janssen is ideal for this league, he'll thrive once he gets going and stops sensing that fans are doubting him.

Back
Top Bottom