Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its funny that you think MK is too far but you agree with a post claiming I cant be bothered to support the team because I live in another country.

Well life dictates and taking time off work to book flights and go home and watch football only works for me a couple times a year...but thats "not being bothered"...

Laughable seeing as if you lived abroad I guess you'd never go....on the basis that 1 hour on a train is way out of your league
The post I agreed with was not claiming you couldn't be bothered to support the team because you live in another country, it was more saying who the fuck are you,someone who doesn't go to games, to tell the us, the fans who do go to games how far we should have to travel. I know for a fact if I did live abroad and I wouldn't be attending most games I wouldn't have such strong views on where the games are played.

The post I agreed with was not claiming you couldn't be bothered to support the team because you live in another country, it was more saying who the fuck are you,someone who doesn't go to games, to tell the us, the fans who do go to games how far we should have to travel. I know for a fact if I did live abroad and I wouldn't be attending most games I wouldn't have such strong views on where the games are played.

Oh Boo fucking hoo......get out your arse, some of you think going to games is some right of passage to an opinion. Travelled from South to North London every week for over a decade, bus, train, three tubes and a four hour round trip.

Big fucking deal

Last edited:
This was an annoying one.

First off, I wasn't against the idea of Son at LWB against Swansea, just because the offensive threat would be so low, his defensive responsibilities wouldn't be too high. Although, when it was getting clearer we likely weren't going to score I think Poch got it wrong.

Moving Trippier to LB was a terrible mistake. He didn't take on anyone or even show the threat of crossing with his left. Poch basically neutered Trippier's best assist with his crossing by doing this. If he didn't want to play Davies at all, he should've just played 4 atb with Verts at LB. At least we'd have some semblance of a 2nd threat on the left side. In the second half, especially once Son was taken off, which I thought was the wrong sub (Should've been Alli who was poor), all attacks came from the right or middle.

Now we should've had 1 maybe 2 penalties at minimum but that's not an excuse for losing this game. I think Poch got his adjustments very wrong and it was a big contributing factor to the draw, which feels like a loss.

Oh Boo fucking hoo......get out your arse, some of you think going to games is some right of passage to an opinion. Travelled from South to North London every week for over a decade, bus, train, three tubes and a four hour round trip.

Big fucking deal
South to North London. So fucking want? I travel from South West London. What does that prove? Fuck all. You did a one hour tube journey. Congratulations. That's not the same as travelling into London and then having to go all the way out of town to a hard to get to a soulless shithole in Milton Keynes while some cunt sat on the internet telling you that you are a shit fan who was too lazy to travel out of town while they aren't even prepared to go themselves.

Disgusting attitude.

This was an annoying one.

First off, I wasn't against the idea of Son at LWB against Swansea, just because the offensive threat would be so low, his defensive responsibilities wouldn't be too high. Although, when it was getting clearer we likely weren't going to score I think Poch got it wrong.

Moving Trippier to LB was a terrible mistake. He didn't take on anyone or even show the threat of crossing with his left. Poch basically neutered Trippier's best assist with his crossing by doing this. If he didn't want to play Davies at all, he should've just played 4 atb with Verts at LB. At least we'd have some semblance of a 2nd threat on the left side. In the second half, especially once Son was taken off, which I thought was the wrong sub (Should've been Alli who was poor), all attacks came from the right or middle.

Now we should've had 1 maybe 2 penalties at minimum but that's not an excuse for losing this game. I think Poch got his adjustments very wrong and it was a big contributing factor to the draw, which feels like a loss.

Sonny at left back when we had Vertonghen who plays there at international level as well as Aurier or KWP who can play there is a disaster waiting to happen. We should have had either Foyth in there in a back 3 of Toby, Davinson and Juan or played Dier at the back and started Winksy.

Trying to push Son into Left wing back when hes clearly an attacker (the Spurs website last year had him as a striker remember) is mental. Poch has had a few key injuries happen in Wanyama, Rose and with Dembele & Davies needing resting. It left us needing Dier in defence and midfield.

Personally if Poch wanted his usual formation I'd have played

Lloris
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Foyth / Dier
Aurier
Dier/ Winks
Vertonghen
Eriksen
Alli
Son
Kane

If he felt it was too soon for Foyth he should have switched it up and not try to pigeonhole players

Aurier, Vertonghen and KWP should have been ahead of Sonny at LWB. If we don't watch ourselves with Sonny he'll start thinking he's a bit part player and will want to move on. Frustrating game yesterday that seems like a step back after taking one forward during midweek

We have a few frustrating games like this each season. Poch and the players will learn from this and adapt so that next time we have a set of visitors that just park the bus. We will be better prepared. This came in one of our tightest periods schedule wise so it is not that surprising that it happened tbh. Not trying to defend the result, just making sense of some of the factors in why it happened (hectic and tight schedule, our current starting LB runned ragged, a couple of players on the injury list who could have otherwise contributed to a better result etc).

We analyse, we learn, we adapt, we move on. We're 5th in the table right now and the season is long.

We have a few frustrating games like this each season. Poch and the players will learn from this and adapt so that next time we have a set of visitors that just park the bus. We will be better prepared. This came in one of our tightest periods schedule wise so it is not that surprising that it happened tbh. Not trying to defend the result, just making sense of some of the factors in why it happened (hectic and tight schedule, our current starting LB runned ragged, a couple of players on the injury list who could have otherwise contributed to a better result etc).

We analyse, we learn, we adapt, we move on. We're 5th in the table right now and the season is long.

Absolutely agree. We're 5 points off top and 2 off of third. Just means we have to do a bit of chasing. Annoying that evenly poised games haven't gone our way yet and we really should be sitting there with an extra point vs Chelsea and 2 x 2 extra points vs Burnley and Swansea. Should be 13 points at present so it's time we play catch up now, which we've shown in the past we're able to do

What the fuck are you on about? What has a boring, negative Swansea & Burnley teams got to do with calling out Spurs fans for "accepting mediocrity"?
The fact that we know exactly their game plan coming into the game. Surely poch did his homework and created a game plan that would break down both of their conservative game plans

I dont know what the viable options were.....you say everything else was too small, but WHL was 36,000.

We didnt have to have 90,000 or even 60 this season. We could have played the CL games there perhaps and the PL games somewhere else. As far as I know there was only MK considered which takes an hour from North London. Some people travel longer than that to WHL from within London, so dont see why its too far personally.

I think there is a snobbery about using MK. People think its small time.
Personally Id rather a smaller ground that feels more like WHL than a huge, half empty ground where no one sings. Looks extremely plastic so far.

Hopefully it improves as the team starts playing better

Last year was bollocks if you weren't a ST holder. MK Dons has a smaller capacity than we had last season.
Nothing to do with snobbery.
We could have sold an extra 10k season tickets, a lot of people would be dissapointed.
They would have not given an amnesty either.
This way the club can sell all ST in theory more people can see the team play as there will always be tickets available over the 40k
MK Dons would also have had the same problem. St holders buying becuase they had to and to guarantee a ST next year. Some not planning to attend all games.
It wouldn't have been full every week.
Also MK Dons have to use it too. Wembley won't be used as much. I think there are 3 more events this year, 2 NFL and an England game last in October.
The club capped the season tickets at 40k to ensure those were guaranteed ST availability for the new stadium. We have to give another 5 k to community. So 15 k left for corporate general sale
Couldn't have done that at MK Dons.
They could have sold an extra 10 when the can double that virtually guaranteeing they sell all ST for the new ground they will prefer that.
That all bodes well for the finance.

Christ, I wish fans would stop complaining and stating the fucking obvious about Wembley. Yes it's shit, yes it sucks, yes it's a fucker to get home from, but it's bloody TEMPORARY!!!

It was THE ONLY viable option.

Christ, I wish fans would stop complaining and stating the fucking obvious about Wembley. Yes it's shit, yes it sucks, yes it's a fucker to get home from, but it's bloody TEMPORARY!!!

It was THE ONLY viable option.
You'd think we'd done a West Ham and moved there permanently the way some bleat on about it.

Because we accept draws against teams like burnley and Swansea. Then when you demand more from the players and coaches you're told to get behind he players.
Who "accepts" draws? This is bullshit. Every fan wants to win every game. What some do is try to be realistic about where we are in the grand scheme of things and what we can do when we are in a temporary home. In other words, we try not to be too reactionary and act like the world is ending.

Back
Top Bottom