Eric Ten Hag - What's Your View ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Past caring
93 posts in 6 years? I think you are my friend....I think you are
The Office Hug GIF

I think Ten Hag is a really exciting move (if, of course, there is anything to it)

He isnt your typical Ajax manager, is a bit more pragmatic than idealistic, worked abroad already and has a good knack for using youth and experienced players.

He made Tadic look top quality, even in Holland thats some achievement!
I liked Tadic a lot at Southampton. He was there with Pelle and Mane iirc, that was a very good attack

There must be something off with this bloke because he's never linked to big clubs and we supposedly weren't impressed with him when we spoke to him.

Probably best to be wary of a manager who missed out on a CL final because he forgot to tell his team to take the ball towards the corner flag.

There must be something off with this bloke because he's never linked to big clubs and we supposedly weren't impressed with him when we spoke to him.

Probably best to be wary of a manager who missed out on a CL final because he forgot to tell his team to take the ball towards the corner flag.
WHatever is off about him is is better than having to put up with Nuno nonsense football

Yes must be shit cause he hasn’t been linked, he’s only doing well with Ajax in European competitions for about the third season in row... :pochserious2:

He-'d never ever have been forgiven in England if he lost a ECL semi final from three goals up. I'm not sure he is all that our current desperation is making him out to be.
Ajax were a young, naive team and should have essentially declared at half time in Amsterdam, and suffered for not doing so.

However, ETH had them playing in a manner that blew us off the park for 75% of the two ties. He was always my first choice and these last few games under Nuno are making me even sadder that we didn't go hard for him in the summer.

Ajax were a young, naive team and should have essentially declared at half time in Amsterdam, and suffered for not doing so.

However, ETH had them playing in a manner that blew us off the park for 75% of the two ties. He was always my first choice and these last few games under Nuno are making me even sadder that we didn't go hard for him in the summer.
Don't watch Ajax. They're ripping the piss out of Besiktas after hammering Sporting Lisbon in their opening game.

Playing football we simply wouldn't be able to and could only dream of.

Levy deserves the sack for not employing him

Yes must be shit cause he hasn’t been linked, he’s only doing well with Ajax in European competitions for about the third season in row... :pochserious2:
You mean like Frank de Boer?

Ajax is an easy job to look good in. The definition of a football factory in a league that you generally boss.

I'd have taken him, but been skeptical of it. Doesn't surprise me that other clubs with means swerve him. Is Jol their most successful managerial alum of the past 20 years, or is it Koeman? If you go all the way back to Cruyff, LvG is arguably the only manager they've employed that succeeded at a high level outside of Ajax.

Buy their players, not their managers.

Ajax is an easy job to look good in. The definition of a football factory in a league that you generally boss.

I'd have taken him, but been skeptical of it. Doesn't surprise me that other clubs with means swerve him. Is Jol their most successful managerial alum of the past 20 years, or is it Koeman? If you go all the way back to Cruyff, LvG is arguably the only manager they've employed that succeeded at a high level outside of Ajax.

Good point, and LVG is a proper freak

Frank de Boer has never made Ajax so competitive in Europe. Forget about Eredivisie. Not sure why you keep saying Ajax this, Ajax that, ten Hag hasn’t started at Ajax and he’s been a success everywhere he managed.

Frank de Boer has never made Ajax so competitive in Europe. Forget about Eredivisie. Not sure why you keep saying Ajax this, Ajax that, ten Hag hasn’t started at Ajax and he’s been a success everywhere he managed.

Yes, people simply ignore his success with Bayern II and Utrecht. The way he plays football, the way he uses established players while also incorporating youth, the way his teams always go all out for him.

This was the guy. This guy screamed Tottenham. And it's gone now. There's no chance anymore, we need to move on to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom