The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In Italy they would have burnt the stadium down after a performance like this. Bet most watching stayed after drinking hipster beer or visiting the club shop getting the newest clobber oi.

I was defending those who booed to my brother-in-law and niece earlier, with the argument that people who pay "£1000+" deserve a whole lot better.

Is it actually £1200 for a lot of folks now? Where does that get you?

I'm in awe of people who commit that sort of money to our club, year in, year out, I couldn't on my budget. Not to mention the trips away (Mrs P and others like her getting home at 5 in the morning), the holiday time taken off to follow us abroad and so on.

It's utterly shameful how you're all treated.
It’s getting harder to follow. Like other fans I went to wolves away. I would have gone to Burnley the other day, but couldn’t make it. I’m scheduled to go to Everton next week. I messaged my mates after today and said I don’t really fancy going anymore. But who’s going to take my ticket now? We’ve decided to go to away games just for the day out rather than the football.

I probably have the second most expensive ticket in the ground. Today a lad in front of me left after 61 minutes. The guys sitting to the right of me were from Denmark, bought merchandise from the club shop, had a laugh at Ben Davies and left.

Against Villa the guy sitting behind me flew in from Helsinki, Finland. We’re got chatting after the game. He said he paid £72 for the ticket, £150 for a PCR test and then flights, hotel and food on top of that. He does this about 3 or 4 times. So the point is at the moment because we are still coming back from covid and crowds have been missing there are still enough tourists to get by. These aren’t your tourists who turn up just to see a football match. They genuinely love the club - you wouldn’t spend that kind of money if you did. But for the local fans like me who live a 30 min trip around the north circular, me not turning up to a game doesn’t really do anything. I’ll be at the vitesse game and that will be a better representation of the fans that go who literally go no matter what. If we were in league 2 those fans that turn up on Thursday would also turn up in league 2.

I’m going to complain because I have a right to as a paying customer. But I know full well that my complaints are futile because I’m part of the problem because levy sees £ signs.

All this leads me on to this. The fans that attend matches are different to the keyboard warriors on forums like this. The fans that attend have a higher tolerance threshold. However today I heard boos that were deafening. I have never heard boos like that from the normal match going faithful at spurs since George Graham days. Secondly I have never heard our fans actively sing for the manager and Levy to be sacked. That was easily the most toxic atmosphere I can remember at WHL. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 85% of my life. Today was more toxic than the Alan Sugar days.

There were fans today that could have left much earlier but they stayed just to boo at the end. I never boo, but I joined in today. That doesn’t make me less of a fan. In fact I was proud that fans booed, it showed passion and care for the club.

When the normal match going fans have turned then you know you’re in the shit.

A famous man once said: There used to be a football club over there.

Today I left the ground thinking of that quote!

Last edited:
This is some high level propaganda disinformation campaign.

Everyone knows nuno is a shit coach. But you are trying to make it different. Like there is attitude problem with nuno and thats why the squads not performing.

Whats actually happening is your boss Levy hired an incompetent “head coach” after already making a vast number of company sinking decisions prior, and then buying cheap crock of shite players to give to said coach

Try your best to make this about Nuno but the fans are already awake. Your guys time is running out and i hope he feels uncomfortable right about now.

The fuck you waffling about??? (........The paranoid delusion running round this place is hilarious.)

The post you quoted was me relaying things as reported on the radio post-match. No dis-information at all, you plum.

People have been shit-talking about Nuno here for weeks now (be that cos of his tactics, his demeanour, his attude and even his beard ffs!); all without my help.

Don't waste your mind on mindless drivel mate. Some people are best left on their own planet where they can vote for what they say and thereafter say, "The majority have decided".

......Something something "mindless drivel".

HAHAHA..... You absolute meme! :dembelelol:

It was so boring today, watched the second half under the stand with a pint with mates.....just so inevitable, so lackluster, so clueless....we might not have the best squad ever but it's a shitload better than Brightons is and we're massively under performing.....wrong manager after wrong manager.....sort it now, Nuno is going sooner or later, just do it now please

Spurs playing with possession is far too slow and easy to read. Almost every attacking player telegraphs their passes. I remember feeling the same during some of Poch's games. Any team setup defensively and we played sideways a majority of the time. Our attackers really need the room to run because having four or five players stood against the backline waiting for the crossed ball is not working.

The other interesting bit is counting down the number of passes our CBs attempt to the midfield before blasting it over the top (of everyone). I do miss Toby's diagonal ball. At least it pushed the team forward

I was talking to the Old man after the match, he said he hasn't felt this depressed about the club since '77 when we were relegated.
It got me thinking about the successful managers we've had in the past and it struck me, virtually all of the success we've had in the past has been under British managers, I think Wendy is the only foreign manager we've had that's won a pot.

So I'm all in for Potter. If the club has accepted that we're now in a rebuild that may take years, then bring in a Brit with the CV that shows he has all the tools to do that and do it the Tottenham way.

Back
Top Bottom