Director of Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because we sacked him for his transfer fraud in italy, also there was a recent report that some in the club were not comfortable with him being a consultant.
Are they comfortable with Uncle Joe locked up in America. I think Fabio fits in well. We’ve always had a bunch of wide boys running the club.

One would suspect the club employees are a lot more clued in than you or I...........

Plus do we, the fans, really need to know?

As long as everything is working right why do we need to know. Just let them get on with it. I don’t get this preoccupation nowadays that fans need to be clued in to all aspects of how the club operates. Sometime champman has a lot to answer for.

As long as everything is working right why do we need to know. Just let them get on with it. I don’t get this preoccupation nowadays that fans need to be clued in to all aspects of how the club operates. Sometime champman has a lot to answer for.

Just one of many things that fans convince themselves that they have a right to know.... Yet it's not necessarily in the clubs interests to make public how they operate (Trf budgets, recruitment strategy, internal structures etc. etc. - It's a long list)

......This thread in particular is full of it.

Last edited:

Agree. If we are signing players like Bentancur, Udogie etc then keep doing what we're doing. If we are signing players like Sessegnon and Ndombele, change what the fuck we're doing!

Because we sacked him for his transfer fraud in italy, also there was a recent report that some in the club were not comfortable with him being a consultant.
He was paying players off booksand fiddling transfer fees to avoid FFP. False accounting is no joke but he was doing it at the Agnellis' behest. And the line in that Athletic report didn't specify who they some were - hearing Eccleshare talk about it, I don't know if he was meaning to imply that there was discomfort within the club.

Just one of many things that whilst fans convince themselves that they have a right to know.... Yet it's not necessarily in the clubs interests to make public how they operate (Trf budgets, recruitment strategy, internal structures etc. etc. - It's a long list)

......This thread in particular is full of it.

It’s not just confined to football either. People seem to want to know everything and get angry when they aren’t told.

It was your question, so your question was not related to the discussion then?
I've already explained it to you, my post/question was in relation to what had been discussed previously, which was that you thought it was stupid to have the old DoF still involved as he would get under the feet of the new guy and it would cause issues relating to the structure. You then pivoted to talking about the fraud case which bore no relevance to what had previously been discussed nor the question I had asked.

Hope this helps.

You're just proving the above point with guess work.

...............We don't know specifically how the work is divided.
Shouldn't the structure be clear?

We don't, but we can have an educated guess (based on other clubs procedures) as to how things work.

Step 1
Levy sets the budget, both for overall transfer monies/wages, and for individuals.
Obviously they'll be some wiggle room with this.

Step 2
Ange highlights what positions he needs, and the type of players he wants.

Step 3
Paratici, Munn, Lange, scouting team etc identify viable targets, let's say 5 for each position.

Step 4
Those targets are presented to Ange, and he then stares his preference numbered 1 - 5.

Step 5
Munn (probably, as Paratici is not allowed to be involved and Lange is "Technical Director") tries to get the deal done within budget.

It's really not rocket science.

We don't, but we can have an educated guess (based on other clubs procedures) as to how things work.

Step 1
Levy sets the budget, both for overall transfer monies/wages, and for individuals.

Step 2

Step 3
Paratici, Munn, Lange, scouting team etc identify viable targets, let's say 5 for each position.

Step 4
Those targets are presented to Ange, and he then stares his preference numbered 1 - 5.

Step 5
Munn (probably, as Paratici is not allowed to be involved and Lange is "Technical Director") tries to get the deal done within budget.

I think step 2 is surely step 1. Munn does not identify targets, he is overseeing the football departments. Lange and the scouting department officially do that job. Lets say Ange picks players from Paratici's list rather than Lange and the scouting team, would that not be a big problem?

I think step 2 is surely step 1. Munn does not identify targets, he is overseeing the football departments. Lange and the scouting department officially do that job. Lets say Ange picks players from Paratici's list rather than Lange and the scouting team, would that not be a big problem?
No because there is only one list.

Everyone working together to produce one list.
The list can have 10 recommendations on it from everyone, but Ange decides his preference and that is what they'll work off.

No because there is only one list.

Everyone working together to produce one list.
The list can have 10 recommendations on it from everyone, but Ange decides his preference and that is what they'll work off.
The same problem still applies what if Ange picks players recommended by Paratici rather than Lange or scouting team recommendations?

If you look at the players that were bought in by Paratici surely any decent scouting network has knowledge of those players?

The same problem still applies what if Ange picks players recommended by Paratici rather than Lange or scouting team recommendations?

If you look at the players that were bought in by Paratici surely any decent scouting network has knowledge of those players?
What if he does ?

It doesn't matter, Ange has the final decision
Budget and agreement between clubs and player allowing.

If Paratici or Lange, or whoever are going to throw their toys out of the pram because Ange prefers player A to player B then they shouldn't be in the job.

You're making mountains out of molehills here .

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

I think Ange said he has specific targets and does not want suggestions that don't meet his needs but "could do a job."

Agree. If we are signing players like Bentancur, Udogie etc then keep doing what we're doing. If we are signing players like Sessegnon and Ndombele, change what the fuck we're doing!
This is what we all care about. If Munn delivers a DoF that provides the same quality (or better) of player that we were getting under Gabbanini and Paratici, then we have nothing to complain about. If we end up with another squad full of donkeys, we will have everything to complain about.

I can understand Munn wanting to put his own stamp on things. He's clearly a man who is prepared to sink or swim on his own decisions.

What if he does ?

It doesn't matter, Ange has the final decision
Budget and agreement between clubs and player allowing.

If Paratici or Lange, or whoever are going to throw their toys out of the pram because Ange prefers player A to player B then they shouldn't be in the job.

You're making mountains out of molehills here .
It does matter, Lange is employed by us, Paratici is not. It matters if Lange throws his toys out of his pram. Who would be happy with a sacked employees decisions being considered over their own?

whats happened to paratici then i thought he was in a consultancy role?
He still remains in the consultancy role per reports.

And it is not uncommon on the continent to have the technical director report to the DOF. So there is room in the organisation to bring Fabio back in once his ban is up if they want to.

Back
Top Bottom