Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was on a plane and missed the game. I have never read a match thread without seeing the game before. Very entertaining, thanks to all for contributing. Should make it in time for the highlights.

The highlights start in the 83rd minute and end in the 83rd minute..That said, the goal was a peach and worth watching the game for..
It was a poor performance but we were carrying the " we haven't won a game " hindrance on our backs..that has now gone so the performances will improve..
It was a good win and a much needed one..

You can argue that the post saved Poch's job today. A cold hard fact is that we are unbeaten in the prem in 10 games and that is a solid number.

There is a middle ground where both of us could be wrong. I think we are better squad wise and you think we are worse. We could just be dead center of those two opinions and be treading water and average the same points as the Bale and Modtic days, just less entertaining.

Personally i would prefer we get that total with players who want to stay with us.

what round of what Cup was the United game?

:pocheyes:

Did we play better when we were mid table with Ginola, Ferdinand, Carr etc than how we played last season and so far this season? We are seriously missing a spark in the team. Hate to say it but this win was not the game to kick start our season.

"A cold hard fact is that we are unbeaten in the prem in 10 games and that is a solid number."

Doesn't the loss against Man U count then?

Probably was our poorest performance to date this season, we went down to Sunderland's level. Ah well, much needed victory that we dug out in the end, didn't look like we'd make a breakthrough.

Fucking long arsed day though, 5 hours each way for that. Made worth it by that one moment of magic that won it for us.

Positives: Alli, Mason, Dier, Vertonghen, and to an extent the full backs in the clean sheet. Cracking team goal. Townsend did well too.

Negatives: Hugo was careless first half, unnecessary pressure on the back 4 with sloppy kicks. Son took probably the worst corner ever, terrible even by our standards. Chadli, no description needed. Will need to up his game when all are fit. Kane needs a goal to settle him down, looked dangerous at times but needs to do more.

One of the best team goals of 1/2 touch football I have seen from a Spurs team in ages.
If that one piece of sublime football was not good enough for some, then those some are cunts.

And look no further than Lamela!

Quick one touch, sublime and tore them apart!!!

Loved it!!

:lamelawtf:

You can argue that the post saved Poch's job today. A cold hard fact is that we are unbeaten in the prem in 10 games and that is a solid number.

There is a middle ground where both of us could be wrong. I think we are better squad wise and you think we are worse. We could just be dead center of those two opinions and be treading water and average the same points as the Bale and Modtic days, just less entertaining.

Personally i would prefer we get that total with players who want to stay with us.

Didn't we lose to Manu?

5 games ago?

:vertna:

What did we learn today other than Pooch won't be here by Xmas!

We got out of jail today as I thought Sunderland were unlucky and their fans are probably gutted quite rightly!

Positives for us were Dier, Mason, Verts with Alli and Son showing promise

Negatives were Chadli, Harry, both full backs and our general system

To be fair to Pooch for once his subs were spot on and Townsend murdered their FB but Lamela in just one move was the star with 2 sublime touches from quick feet which made all the difference!

A lot of us said pre season that this year would be his last chance so give him his chance and play him centre midfield behind Harry as I'm convinced there is a really good player there and he could be magical for us!

So generally a shit performance from us but 3 welcome points and I hope we kick on from here

:lamelawtf:

Ok T bone exactly what are you disagreeing with???

:kaneear:

Am I the only one that actually feels like vomitting everytime this guy makes a post? Seriously the whiniest most boring man I have ever had the misfortune to encounter

2989404_orig.jpg
yet u choose to read his posts & not put him on ignore.
then u whinge & moan about him & his posts.

id read your own posts before u accuse others of being boring & whiny.

Beaten by City and dicked by Stoke at end of the season as well as Man Utd doing us first day of this?

We've only scored 7 in 9, failed to score in 4 out of 9 as well.

I'm very glad, and pleasantly surprised, the goal got some love. 15 goals, lovely one touch passing and a cracking assist for the cracking finish.

Back
Top Bottom