The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watching the recorded game back. Souness made a curious remark about Alderweireld and Vertonghen saying they are just learning how to play together.
I though he'd be aware that the have known each other since Germinal Beerschot Antwerpen, so are familiar with each other, and played together in the Ajax 201/11 title winning side and they also play together as RB/LB respectively.

Silly things I have read on this thread today:

1. Spurs are going to win the league - no, we are not. Next season why not, but this season, no chance. We are still in transition; young players with talent who are getting experience and getting better all the time, learning how their manager wants them to play. We are very fit and hard working and incredibly hard to beat. But this season we will have too many draws, whereas next season I see us improving on a lot of those.

2. Son is rubbish - fans can be fickle sometimes. He has played less than a dozen games for us so far in a new league and country. He came on at the most difficult point in the game, having barely trained and way short of match fitness. This is far less forgivable than the idea of us winning the title. We have no other player quite like Son, he is a great asset. Just need to be patients, let him gain some fitness and fit in.

3. Souness being aware of anything - the guy says some ridiculous things, it is what he lives for.

Just listened to Neville's rather brief podcast and he was very complimentary about our performance but he made the point that we struggled to deal with balls into the box and getting them cleared... and that Andy Carroll is up next.
This is something that needs to be addressed pretty quickly.

Has Lamela's "death stare" been discussed? I think it was Mason coming on and the camera was focused on him. Lamela was in the background on the bench just staring at the pitch for ages.:lameladisgust:

I saw that too. Didn't blink the whole time. Freaky. 1000 yard stare.

Anyway, I thought the watch was evenly played over all. Spurs had their moments and the Gooners had their's. Momentum shifted back and forth. Lloris was my MOTM, a couple of his saves got us the point in the end.

Several times we had numbers in good places on the attack and failed to capitalize. (see D. Alli). We also need work on defending set pieces!
Happy with 1 point at the Emirates, but the tying goal ripped my guts out.

Just listened to Neville's rather brief podcast and he was very complimentary about our performance but he made the point that we struggled to deal with balls into the box and getting them cleared... and that Andy Carroll is up next.
This is something that needs to be addressed pretty quickly.

We've been shit at defending them all season, anything on the ground or over the top our back four are fine dealing with, it's crosses into the box and a physical presence attacking those balls. However there's not much you can do against players like Andy Carroll as they're just going to win the majority of those balls, you could argue this is a game Fazio would excel in however there's no way we should be disrupting a centre back pairing that's as cohesive as Toby/Jan is.

Silly things I have read on this thread today:

1. Spurs are going to win the league - no, we are not. Next season why not, but this season, no chance. We are still in transition; young players with talent who are getting experience and getting better all the time, learning how their manager wants them to play. We are very fit and hard working and incredibly hard to beat. But this season we will have too many draws, whereas next season I see us improving on a lot of those.

2. Son is rubbish - fans can be fickle sometimes. He has played less than a dozen games for us so far in a new league and country. He came on at the most difficult point in the game, having barely trained and way short of match fitness. This is far less forgivable than the idea of us winning the title. We have no other player quite like Son, he is a great asset. Just need to be patients, let him gain some fitness and fit in.

3. Souness being aware of anything - the guy says some ridiculous things, it is what he lives for.

What cunt said Son is rubbish?!! He was looking good before his injury...very good in fact. Bound to be rusty as only just coming back from it.

If anyone said that and genuinely meant it, I feel sorry for their brains.

SdmsBjr.jpg

Halftime
We had a couple of these folks visiting us in Nashville a few weeks back. See if you can spot them...
l5GyO6X.jpg

Nice piece by Michael Cox, not bad for a gooner...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...t-grip-midfield-against-spurs#:HfI160q5mPMZcQ

Don't forget to change Woolwich to that other word in the url...

I can do a bit of lip reading, I think they are saying -

Jesus Perez: "OK , Ryan, you going on but remember Woolwich are red shirts, you don't pass to them"
Ryan Mason: "Right, er, OK, er, red you say?"
Perez: "Yes, red, red, we are white they red."
Mason: "But they have white sleeves, so it doesn't really matter......"
Perez: "And when they run to our goal you run with them, like this...."
Mason: "But only if they are red? Not red AND white?"
Perez: "No, red and white"
Mason: " OK, run with them. Or maybe just watch them for a bit, like usual?"

Back
Top Bottom