Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toss Pot Klopp off to an ok start. Good result and no head injuries.

What puzzles me, and I am no tactics Tim, is that teams find it so hard to stop Liverpool playing. As good as the front 3 might be, they way they play opens up gaps everywhere else. And the midfield is hardly awesome and quick - Milner, Wijnaldum & “Penalty King Hendo” are hardly world class As for the back line it’s still got Robertson, Terrance Trent Darby and Gomes. None of which make our team. Puzzled I am.

What puzzles me, and I am no tactics Tim, is that teams find it so hard to stop Liverpool playing. As good as the front 3 might be, they way they play opens up gaps everywhere else. And the midfield is hardly awesome and quick - Milner, Wijnaldum & “Penalty King Hendo” are hardly world class As for the back line it’s still got Robertson, Terrance Trent Darby and Gomes. None of which make our team. Puzzled I am.
As for their midfield, they've got Keita now and I hate to say it, but he seems a very good addition to their squad. They also bought Fabinho, who didn't play today.

As for their midfield, they've got Keita now and I hate to say it, but he seems a very good addition to their squad. They also bought Fabinho, who didn't play today.
Oh. Ok. That will help I guess. Still want to know why they are so hard to stop from scoring

Keita and Fabinho are superb additions, who fit Klopp's style to a tee. Keita 6/8 hybrid has energy, aggression and also brilliant on the transition, sees incisive passes quickly and makes them, and can also carry the ball through lines, exactly how Klopp's team plays. Fabinho is a really intelligent 6 who can also move forwards and is technically very good.

There's no fucking point burying our head up our arses and pretending otherwise, I can't remember a club having a better spell of transfer business than the one Liverpool have been in lately, and a couple of those like Mane, VVD and Salah I didn't think would be anywhere near as good as they have been, but they just suit Klopp's style perfectly. Add in Firminho, Robertson, Wynaldum and the judicious use of academy players. Really clever recruitment and even at the prices they've paid, I don't think they'll lose money on many of them.

Keita and Fabinho are superb additions, who fit Klopp's style to a tee. Keita 6/8 hybrid has energy, aggression and also brilliant on the transition, sees incisive passes quickly and makes them, and can also carry the ball through lines, exactly how Klopp's team plays. Fabinho is a really intelligent 6 who can also move forwards and is technically very good.

There's no fucking point burying our head up our arses and pretending otherwise, I can't remember a club having a better spell of transfer business than the one Liverpool have been in lately, and a couple of those like Mane, VVD and Salah I didn't think would be anywhere near as good as they have been, but they just suit Klopp's style perfectly. Add in Firminho, Robertson, Wynaldum and the judicious use of academy players. Really clever recruitment and even at the prices they've paid, I don't think they'll lose money on many of them.

Pretty much spot on.

We might as well just bow down and kiss their arse then?

Fuck sake - none of us, including you, know how their signings are going to turn out. So please just stop! They've overpaid a ridiculous amount this window, and everyone except you seems to know this.

Jesus fucking Christ.

When we play them, I really hope we start with toby, sanchez and jan back three and no high line. Liverpool forwards like to run into gaps from the wings. The key is to bully them in midfield, and capitalise on mistakes.

Agree, they aren't even sophisticated tactics to work out - just tell your centre backs not to follow Firminho into centre midfield would be a start, hold your defensive line and shape and they lose their main attacking play.

Unsurprisingly, the Liverpool Love is a little overblown already. I can admit it’s a good team, and their signings might help. But they beat West Ham! Players like Keita looked good, but it was facing Noble and Wilshere for crying out loud.

I just read an article praising them and saying that Spurs need a bigger test before we can know how they’re going to fare this season. It’s bloody ridiculous. They played the worst team in the league (table doesn’t lie!) and yet they’re apparently coasting to a title.

Last edited:
West Ham a much easier challenge than Newcastle.

But an opening 4-0 with their new players integrated into the current squad is not a result to be sniffed at

Unsurprisingly, the Liverpool Love is a little overblown already. I can admit it’s a good team, and their signings might help. But they beat West Ham! Players like Keita looked good, but it was facing Noble and Wiltshire for crying out loud.

I just read an article praising them and saying that Spurs need a bigger test before we can know how they’re going to fare this season. It’s bloody ridiculous. They played the worst team in the league (table doesn’t lie!) and yet they’re apparently coasting to a title.

BBC are currently trying to say Liverpool and salah as many times as possible in their live reporting.
They've got weekly quotas now.

People raving about Liverpool but I haven't heard anyone once say about the fact they were against a midfield consisting of Wilshere & Noble. Not being funny as Liverpool looked extremely good but a midfield like that you'd go through like butter. I'm interested to see how they get on against Palace away next week

West Ham a much easier challenge than Newcastle.

But an opening 4-0 with their new players integrated into the current squad is not a result to be sniffed at

Agreed but West Ham are pony, had players like Declan Rice, Mark Noble & Jack Wilshere playing for them & Liverpool had one player in their first XI arriving late back from the WC (Trent) who should be pretty fresh seeing as he didn't play in any of the key matches for his country. The title this year will be won and lost based on how you do against the top 7-8 teams in the league, home and away

Last edited:
This is so bad it's good...

fixed_it.jpg

Back
Top Bottom