Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are the covid patients in hospitals many vaccinated ones?

Thats proof of replication.
Really? This strikes me as conflation of facts to arrive at a conclusion. “The majority of patients in ICU with Covid are vaccinated, ergo the vaccine is bad.” I usually try to stick to football in here but this is the sort of lamentable thinking that can’t go unchallenged.

I'm not vaccinated btw but thinking of getting vaccine finally. I've had covid twice now with little to no symptoms so a part of me is somewhat scared to get vaccinated but I have a 17 month old and my missus is pregnant again so its now making me want to get it tbh.

I don't condem anyone's personal choice tbh. personally I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I could have passed it on to missus and/or child which is why I will probably end up getting vaccinated it soon.
No rush mate

Why are the covid patients in hospitals many vaccinated ones?
Pfizer = 96% effective after double dose. So 4% ineffective.
Astra-Zeneca = 92% effective. 8% ineffective.

You need a vaccine boost as their effectiveness wanes over time. So there are plenty of people who are less protected than they were after they had their last jab.

35% in hospital unvaccinated according to fullfact.org, the newbie supposedly neutral fact checking body of whom I know little.

Articles in The Guardian - a 200 year-old institution who, regardless of their political bent, are known for their robust fact-checking - have mentioned that the overwhelming majority in ICU (not just in hospital) are unvaccinated; as many from a younger age bracket as from the over-75s.

Whatever the actual number is, it wouldn’t be as high if the unvaccinated used the once-plentiful supply of oxygen in their brains and got the jab in the first place. Those precious hospital beds would be available to others rather than supporting inanimate, breathless, anti-vax demi-cadavers.

I rather like this article, straight from the mouth of a front-liner rather than a swivel-eyed dribbling tin-foil hat wearing twat (not meaning you - I’m sure you sport finest tweed):

“May have”, “Estimated”, sorry mate I got no further than that.
Yeah, cause otherwise it would have been actual numbers. Estimated means they did the math looking at usual death rates vs current ones and factoring in other parameters. You know, the kind of thing we do all the time and is accepted. But for some reason when it comes to a pandemic it's invalid?

I’m just lolling at the idea that we’re able to generate 18 pages of debate about an outbreak of Covid at the club. As my old man once said to my sister and I when we were bickering over something:

“If you two saw a white dog shit* in the road, you’d argue over who saw it first.”

Don’t go changing, TFC!

*dog shits were often white back in the day, for the youngsters’’ information…
So is it a white dog shitting, or a dog shitting white?

ay_107130668-e1364913867975.jpg

This was given as a goal.
and their second goal was also offside.

Slightly off topic but if Burnley, Brighton and Leicester need to rearranged it really isn’t that much of a problem seeing that the season ends at the end of May. The Carabao Cup semi finals are 4/5 Jan and 11/12 Jan so that competition is done and dusted till the final even if the team are fortunate to get through the Qtr Final. The FA Cup draw on the 8th Jan has been kind also.

What about in the old days when games were called off due to frozen pitches and the squads were smaller and you could only make one sub.

Last edited:
Yeah, cause otherwise it would have been actual numbers. Estimated means they did the math looking at usual death rates vs current ones and factoring in other parameters. You know, the kind of thing we do all the time and is accepted. But for some reason when it comes to a pandemic it's invalid?
Correct, it’s invalid: estimate = guess.

And people thought discussing Kane’s….

Shooting
Form
Present season
Past seasons
Goal Ratio
Fitness
Attitude
Adaptability
Contribution
Playing style
Level

…….in the Kane thread was unacceptable

:dier:

Pfizer = 96% effective after double dose. So 4% ineffective.
Astra-Zeneca = 92% effective. 8% ineffective.

You need a vaccine boost as their effectiveness wanes over time. So there are plenty of people who are less protected than they were after they had their last jab.

35% in hospital unvaccinated according to fullfact.org, the newbie supposedly neutral fact checking body of whom I know little.

Articles in The Guardian - a 200 year-old institution who, regardless of their political bent, are known for their robust fact-checking - have mentioned that the overwhelming majority in ICU (not just in hospital) are unvaccinated; as many from a younger age bracket as from the over-75s.

Whatever the actual number is, it wouldn’t be as high if the unvaccinated used the once-plentiful supply of oxygen in their brains and got the jab in the first place. Those precious hospital beds would be available to others rather than supporting inanimate, breathless, anti-vax demi-cadavers.

I rather like this article, straight from the mouth of a front-liner rather than a swivel-eyed dribbling tin-foil hat wearing twat (not meaning you - I’m sure you sport finest tweed):

that 96% against serious illness or hospitalisation? Not 96% chance of not catching it…. Worth pointing that out as anti-vaxxers create their own conclusions because big Dave from the pub has caught it twice, been fine and has been vaccinated

Slightly off topic but if Burnley, Brighton and Leicester need to rearranged it really isn’t that much of a problem seeing that the season ends at the end of May. The Carabao Cup semi finals are 4/5 Jan and 11/12 Jan so that competition is done and dusted till the final even if the team are fortunate to get through the Qtr Final. The FA Cup draw on the 8th Jan has been kind also.

What about in the old days when games were called off due to frozen pitches and the squads were smaller and you could only make one sub.
As long as we are out of conference losers plate

Well, a heck of a lot more people die with Covid than die with flu.

Not to mention there are a ton of unreported deaths of people who died with Covid. The numbers you see are an undercount.
Please just stop, Pfizer boy!

This is the Spurs section

Sorry to bring this back to how this outbreak affects us, can someone fill me in on precedents for getting matches postponed due to C19?

A lot are mentioning City having a game postponed for having four first team players out, was it just one match? Were they genuine first-teamers? Was that the only example? For some reason I have a vague memory of Newcastle having a match called off...

I'd like a little background before I start shaking an angry fist at the League when they tell us to suck it up and play our matches

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this back to how this outbreak affects us, can someone fill me in on precedents for getting matches postponed due to C19?

A lot are mentioning City having a game postponed for having four first team players out, was it just one match? Were they genuine first-teamers? Was that the only example? For some reason I have a vague memory of Newcastle often having a match called off...

I'd like a little background before I start shaking an angry fist at the League when they tell us to suck it up and play our matches
They had two first team and two kids who were part of extended first team.

A lot are mentioning City having a game postponed for having four first team players out, was it just one match? Were they genuine first-teamers? Was that the only example? For some reason I have a vague memory of Newcastle often having a match called off...

Our game will be postponed if we ask for it - no 2 ways about it

Our game will be postponed if we ask for it - no 2 ways about it

Will be two games - 10 days isolation from yday

Back
Top Bottom