Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn’t appear so:

‘Free agents do not have to be signed during the normal transfer window that is implemented in some countries' leagues. If they are signed by a team, the team signing them does not have to pay any fees – sometimes this is known as "a free transfer".’
Yeah but think the contract has to be ended before the end of the window , which he is still contracted to us @ the moment.
So only available to Saudi / turkey until new year.

Incredible to me how so many people can't understand that players are human beings with lives off the pitch and football is their occupation. Of his children, only his oldest daughter lived outside London for about the first 18 months of her life. Being asked to decide in an hour in the middle of the night, to uproot your family and move them to another country when it doesn't even appear likely that you'll get to play any more at the new club than the club you're already at? Not surprising he chose not to go.
Most definitely!

You could imagine at 36 years of age, he might even decide to retire if the family are that settled in London, as any move is only likely to be for a short period in comparison to other life choices.

Well with his experience he could be an adviser for the dangers of substance abuse!

It’s just very weird because he was very clear soon as last season ended that he intended to leave and then he turned numerous offers to do so.

Lloris told French newspaper Nice-Matin: “We are coming to an important moment, whether for the club or for me. It’s the end of an era. I have desires for other things, I will ask myself quietly to study what will be possible.”

“The Frenchman did not rule out a return to Nice, where he started his senior career before moving to Lyon and then north London.“

Seems to me he overrated his attractiveness in the market and just expected to easily find a first team role at a top club and that didn’t happen.
:dierno::tanguythumb::llorishowudoin:

Come on. Dier and Lloris don't belong in the same sentence. Lloris has been poor in recent times but Dier has been a blight on the club since pretty much his second or third season.
i think they do. pair of absolute cunts.

both have that look of a loser too. the fact lloris had a gaffe in the WC final says it all about him. fucking sums him up. absolute calamity with fucking clown feet

im just glad its over. big ange has come in and actually dealt with them properly. stamped them right out. bright days ahead.

youll see now that with our first 11 there is no glaring weak link! we will be a good side now. you start chucking cunts like lloris and dier in and the team goes from being v good to shit. that one glaring weak link is catastrophic at this level.

Last edited:
I really don’t get this viewpoint at all.

Lloris has been an excellent servant to the club and given us his best years. When his last contract was coming to an end, he was still performing well and a huge swathe of the fanbase were very keen for him to get the new two year deal.

His decline last season was more rapid than we all foresaw and the awful tactics and dodgy defence woefully exposed him which didn’t help matters.

To refer to him as a c*nt and not show him the respect he deserves is seriously out of order IMHO. 👎
hes been a liability for years and its not just his kicking. hes been letting in absolute stinkers! he gifted both games to the scum last year alone. he was a clear weak link.

given his best years to the club? what are we meant to be grateful that hed hit the jackpot by being at spurs? hes been a drag the last 4 years. shit captain too, sick of that silly hopeless look he has on his face after yet another fuck up. good fucking riddance to the clown.

the fact him and dier dont wanna leave and would rather loiter about when they aint wanted says it all.

I could actually see Lloris retiring. Maybe he's just waiting for a saudi offer worth taking before deciding.

If I was a WC and Euro winning no.1, i wouldn't drop down to being no,2. In fact, I'd rather not be in a squad than be on the bench at 36 and in that position.

It's blatantly obvious he hasn't been the same since the Drink Driving incident, and subsequent Broken arm at Brighton...

That's the moment he jumped the shark...

Or... "Shumped the Jark Ossifer... Hic!"

:hugoshock::llorishowudoin::llorisunsure::llorishuh:

I'm using all of them... cos each one seems relevant!

I think if you're holding Lloris to that level of culpability, you have to hold Son and even Kane to the same level.
Last few games, Son has been the only starting player to also start the CL final only 4 years ago.
That's kind of the culmination of failure, is it not? A wonderful team that should have won something but won nothing at all.
yea you do. but kane and son wasnt weak links in that side was they? dier and lloris were. you can argue its not lloris and diers fault theyve been here so long we should of replaced them.....well look at them now we are trying to get them out the door? these deluded stinkers dont wanna leave! wonder why

He’s very rapidly becoming at risk of tarnishing his legacy at spurs.

The way it’s all ending is very to odd to say the least. Prior to the window opening the club seemed ok to let him go on a free. Was 100% not expecting him to be here at this stage.
I used to love Wanyama but he fecked us when he left, too.

His time as a Tottenham player has ended.

By his own admission he doesn't want to be here anymore and I doubt Ange has any intention of using a player in his situation. He didn't have a pre-season, has mentally checked out and has had the captaincy taken off him.
Guess we will never find out but if Vic and Forster were injured I think he would turn to Hugo ahead of Austin/whiteman.

Shouldn’t even be in the squad. He is one of the biggest reasons we conceded so many goals last season. It’s over

Also, Forster is much better on the ball. There is no way Ange will play Lloris over him based on this alone.
He's still better than Austin and Whiteman and it's obvious that Anglos doesn't think it's detrimental to the team spirit to include him in the squad. Even though he's no longer the captain he's still a leader could possibly still be a good influence in the dressing room.

Any idea what the F is going on with this bloke? Such a big figure for us and now just awkwardly invisible and not being talked about.

Back
Top Bottom