Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually it’s 29 years because our last two trophies apparently don’t count and are meaningless.

I’ve even heard the same about the FA Cup so we are talking 1984 really

:mourfacepalm:

well we all know for normal sane people, that’s not the case. That being said, 1 league cup in 24 years is pretty abysmal for a club of our size. A club decorated in history and winning trophies, yet our trophy record during the Prem era is embarrassing. Even worse is that we had such a good team under Pochettino, and even Redknapp, yet failed to win a single dime. Just infuriates me.

I love Poch but the decision to drop Lucas for the CL final was his downfall and I reckon the team turned on him from there. Who knows, we probably would of lost anyway being the bottle jobs that we are, but who in their right mind drops the player that scored a hatrick to get you to the final. I just don’t understand Pochettino’s reasoning. Surely he could of played both Harry and Lucas.

I think the reasoning behind it was Kane is our leader and talisman as well as a pretty handy goal threat in his own right, and that leaving out our superstar in such a big game would be pretty crazy. Plus we all know Lucas is mercurial.

That said, Kane patently wasn't fully fit. As a result Van Dyke had probably the easiest 90 minutes he had all season.

I think the reasoning behind it was Kane is our leader and talisman as well as a pretty handy goal threat in his own right, and that leaving out our superstar in such a big game would be pretty crazy. Plus we all know Lucas is mercurial.

That said, Kane patently wasn't fully fit. As a result Van Dyke had probably the easiest 90 minutes he had all season.

Then you play Harry and Lucas at the same time instead of Dele Ali who has been dogshit for 2 years now. I get wanting to play our star player, but you don’t drop the guy that has single handily dragged us into the final with a hatrick. Worse decision Poch has ever made and undoubtedly cost him his job.

Serious question. What season would you prefer ?

Spurs - we finished 6th - got Europa cup place but have to play and win in the long winded qualifying stages before we enter it proper

Woolwich - finished 10th, but won the Fa cup meaning they get a Europa cup spot proper and a trophy to their name

Give me Arsenals season any day of the week. Only person it benefits is Daniel Levy. 6th means jack shit now. Would much rather of finished 10th and won the FA cup
In the end a season is mainly defined by what you win and what it means for next season (EL, CL, relegation etc.).

Woolwich: FA Cup, group stage EL
Spurs: won fuck all (again), second qualifying round EL

It has been very frustrating for them at times as well, but their season was much more of a 'success'.

And yeah, it also bothers me that Poundland Guardiola has won more in his first season as a manager than we did over a long period of time.

Thing is we had a chance to progress in the fa cup and we blew under this serial winner. Worth noting we struggled with two replies in the previous rounds. Only our own fault we could beat relegation fodder Norwich at home.

Obviously in rea life you can say what you want.

How do you guys treat the office? We have a couple of Woolwich fans, so far Ive taken the humble route of saying I feel sorry for Woolwich fans.

Of course inside im loving every second of their stupid pantomine. Thanking the lord every day for Stan Kronke.

Am I allowed to let my true feelings be known? Or will it end in trouble. Im new, and the gooners have been there for a while.

How do you guys approach office goons on a monday morning at the coffee station after another humiliation?

I blame Mourinhos shite management for losing against Norwich. I blame Levy for blowing 2 incredible chances in the last 10 years of pushing this club on and we now seem to be backpeddling to where we were 12 years ago.

12 years ago we won a trophy......the last manager created a culture in the dressing room that the domestics aren’t worth a wank.
Probably take time to get that out of their heads.

Did Levy get us to two finals and three semis or was it Poch? Okay well the I guess it was Poch that lost them all too.

Last edited:
Sir Archibald Crooks Sir Archibald Crooks
It gets boring talking about Poch because it doesn’t fit the mantra he was a brilliant coach.
Had he managed to do In his 11 years as a manger what Arteta just did in 6 months, then I guess we might not be having this discussion
What mantra? He did a great job for 3 years but needed help. He didnt get it, we turned to shite, he seemed uninterested and rightly got sacked. You bring him up every post. Levy and these issues have been around 20 years.

What mantra? He did a great job for 3 years but needed help. He didnt get it, we turned to shite, he seemed uninterested and rightly got sacked. You bring him up every post. Levy and these issues have been around 20 years.
You keep ignoring the facts and spewing the mantra.
I’ll make it simple.
We beat Chelsea three times on the spin.
Can you explain why on the 4th occasion we didn’t have the squad?

Ahhhh sorry I thought you said something about the last ten years and Levy needed to do this and that on two occasions and we are back where we were 12 years ago.....no?

Or is it because you don’t have an answer to Pochs failures that all of a sudden, the past failings of Levy only counts from November 2019?
Pochs gone so his previous failures are irrelevant. Levy is still here so his aren't.

It’s not irrelevant at all.
It’s the reason we haven’t won anything. The squad was good enough between 2016-2018 but the manager wasn’t.
The squad was also good enough to get to a CL final but the manager didn’t have a clue.
So you’re ok talking about Poch now? How very predictable
You're clearly obsessed by Poch. Personally i'm more concerned with the here and now.

Back
Top Bottom