Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jeez why are people so fucking sensitive on here....used to be a laugh on here, now its all just graphs, probability theories and heat maps.

Why so fucking serious? Did I insult your mum
People just dont find you funny without your suit. Keep the humour to your day job

dbwym0lS.jpeg

Why isn't this guy sammyspurs banned already? If all he does is to keep being negative and he takes joy "told you so" after his 'favorite' team loses then you can't call yourself a fan.

Don't really get all the negativity sure we weren't that good but we weren't that bad either. Sunderland set up very well and probably played their best game of the season, we defended well as we have all season (Leicester goal aside) the chances Sunderland did create were through their own excellent play rather than our own failings. We stuck at it and raised the tempo when we needed to in the last 15 and created chances.

We were giving away a goal a game last season this season we look assured.

Thought today showed a good mentality from our young side.

It was a great game. Full of energy. End to end stuff for most of the match. Hard to watch, as they gave as good as they got, somewhat unexpectedly.

We gave as good as we got too, though. Pochettino set the stall, and we played our game, then he made the changes, and then we got the deserved breakthrough, with a splendid bit of class.

They were unlucky, maybe lacked the class for their own deserved breakthrough, but with our defending we gained the clean sheet. A result more meaningful for being away.

If we were Sunderland fans just for the duration of the match we'd be willing Defoe out on his arse for those plainly fluffed up chances, bemoaning his lack of true class or some such.

The divide between EPL teams seems smaller this summer, with many teams mixing up results. Many teams aren't where I, or even themselves, would expect to be at this stage. It's an especially frothy start to the season. Setting Tottenham aspirations aside for a moment, if things carry on as they are, it'll make for a very interesting Premiership campaign.

In the light of all other results from August on, I feel that I can permit myself a cheeky smile.

Loving the choice of eyewear..

almost-rose-tinted.jpg

I'll start a thread in the off topic section, Ban SpammySpurs.

I've been as guilty as anyone this week by trying to debate with him , being relatively new here I didn't know the score , having exchanged a few post with him it's clear he has no interest in anything other than getting a rise out of anybody he can and the fact is you can't win against him , making him his own thread will only encourage him because you'll be doing what he wants and making it all about him , he already dominates this forum by becoming the focal point in over 50% of threads and probably considers himself a huge success and I'd have to agree he's succeeding in his agenda. If everyone ignored him he'd soon ban himself like a fire starved of oxygen. Even as I write this I know full well Sammy will still be here in two years doing his thing because people have a misplaced moral obligation to try and beat the bad guy even though that is impossible because he only wants reaction.

I've been as guilty as anyone this week by trying to debate with him , being relatively new here I didn't know the score , having exchanged a few post with him it's clear he has no interest in anything other than getting a rise out of anybody he can and the fact is you can't win against him , making him his own thread will only encourage him because you'll be doing what he wants and making it all about him , he already dominates this forum by becoming the focal point in over 50% of threads and probably considers himself a huge success and I'd have to agree he's succeeding in his agenda. If everyone ignored him he'd soon ban himself like a fire starved of oxygen. Even as I write this I know full well Sammy will still be here in two years doing his thing because people have a misplaced moral obligation to try and beat the bad guy even though that is impossible because he only wants reaction.
True, you make a good point. But fuck it, you don't know unless you try.

The game changed when Townsend came on.. He passed at every opportunity so it seems he's listened to his critics and seems to be learning lessons.. He got in some good positions where in the past he would have leathered it into the stands, but yesterday he looked to lay it off..
If he keeps that mentality up he will be a big plus for us..
Agree. Looked like a different player from last season. Partly though it just helped stretch the game. It makes me wonder (and worry) about Poch's no winger policy. Having said that, we probably would have had had more width had Rose played. And the goal did come through the middle.

I imagine Townsend will be a sub rather than first choice. But if he plays like that he could be invaluable (as sub) in games when the other side is playing for a 0-0.

He has a few times before had a meltdown and left for a few months, from memory it's usually when the team is winning games......of course the team always fucks up eventually and then he's back again.

Townsend deserves a start over Chadli after that cameo, made more of an impact in the 25mins he was on than Chadli did these past two games.

I missed the first half due to being "tired" from the night before.From what I did see I thought we were pretty poor until Andros came on.Well taken and worked goal though.
Its a win. Onwards and upwards

People complaining after we've won.

"Yeah but the performance wasn't very good"

No team plays like 50's Brazil for 50+ games a season. We are going to have to grind out some results.

But no no, lets call for the manager and the chairman's heads to roll.

After a win.

3 points.

Away.

In the toughest division in the world.

And another clean sheet.

Don't fucking quote me with your nonsense either, I've already read it on previous pages.

Going to have to try that sometime :)

I think a lot of the negativity is the worry about the upcoming games which will come fast now with Europa starting.
We haven't started well at all and got a lucky win against a very poor Sunderland with a pretty poor team performance.
The injuries are racking up as well.

As you say tho. Some good individual permformances. If it starts to click I think we can be really good.
Heres hoping the Europa can build some confidence.
what was lucky about our goal - exactly?
Or are you saying that we were lucky because they had two near misses?
Are they even more lucky to have escaped a blatant penalty, or Kanes complete miss when presented with an open goal?

Seems to me that we were the only team to score (and it was a thing of beauty)

and the only thing we did badly was not to thump them by a handsome margin, because they had the unmitigated gall to start playing like a premiership football team.

Ignorant peasants, don't they know they are supposed to roll on their backs and die?

Don't really get all the negativity sure we weren't that good but we weren't that bad either. Sunderland set up very well and probably played their best game of the season, we defended well as we have all season (Leicester goal aside) the chances Sunderland did create were through their own excellent play rather than our own failings. We stuck at it and raised the tempo when we needed to in the last 15 and created chances.

We were giving away a goal a game last season this season we look assured.

Thought today showed a good mentality from our young side.

I happen to think any three points away in the league is a good result and performance, any which way you come about it.

But claiming Sunderland played their best game of the season is a problem. All teams in this league have great players. When a team looks crap, then they're obviously not a crap team. The opposing team has made them look crap by being better organised, getting to 50-50 balls faster, outrunning, outpassing them and whatever else you like. If Sunderland looked good, it was because we weren't making life difficult enough for them.

I happen to think any three points away in the league is a good result and performance, any which way you come about it.

But claiming Sunderland played their best game of the season is a problem. All teams in this league have great players. When a team looks crap, then they're obviously not a crap team. The opposing team has made them look crap by being better organised, getting to 50-50 balls faster, outrunning, outpassing them and whatever else you like. If Sunderland looked good, it was because we weren't making life difficult enough for them.
can anyone translate that?
I recognise all the words individually, but not when combined in the sequence that you used them.
:)

Back
Top Bottom