Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People complaining after we've won.

"Yeah but the performance wasn't very good"

No team plays like 50's Brazil for 50+ games a season. We are going to have to grind out some results.

But no no, lets call for the manager and the chairman's heads to roll.

After a win.

3 points.

Away.

In the toughest division in the world.

And another clean sheet.

Don't fucking quote me with your nonsense either, I've already read it on previous pages.

The thing is, you lot can give all the forum good fan shit you want.

Underneath though, you know, inside yourself that the game was shit, and you didnt enjoy it.
You know full well we are poor.

You know you are lying to yourselves and your "support" is desperate hope.

You know we were better, and you know we have regressed, and all putting all your doubts about Poch into a box and locking it away in the shed doest mean your doubts dont exist.

You know, full well, what you just wrote was bollocks, and you barely believe it yourself.

Say what you want, cos I dont expect any admissions, but when you sit there and think about....you just know, dont you.

Either that or you enjoy shit football.

I happen to think any three points away in the league is a good result and performance, any which way you come about it.

But claiming Sunderland played their best game of the season is a problem. All teams in this league have great players. When a team looks crap, then they're obviously not a crap team. The opposing team has made them look crap by being better organised, getting to 50-50 balls faster, outrunning, outpassing them and whatever else you like. If Sunderland looked good, it was because we weren't making life difficult enough for them.

Not being rude but I didn't get the gist of a lot of your post but on you're final point when any team plays well is that because the other team allows them too? Don't think it works like that personally.

having exchanged a few post with him it's clear he has no interest in anything other than getting a rise out of anybody he can and the fact is you can't win against

Even as I write this I know full well Sammy will still be here in two years doing his thing because people have a misplaced moral obligation to try and beat the bad guy even though that is impossible because he only wants reaction.

It's a forum so people should get over it. People call me out, I reply, that's me rising to it and asking for a debate or an argument. If I don't want that I should keep my opinions to myself or, know when to ignore or rise above it. If I don't that's my problem.

Accusing Sammy of wanting to be right about everything and arguing with everybody is so hypocritical generally; pretty much everybody would like to be right and/or thinks they are and, you can't have an argument with yourself.

Well you can, no you can't, yes you can, fuck off Simmo, no you fuck off Simmo.

I can't get with Sammy's constant need to argue / debate (it's a fine line) with people, but I absolutely understand his general frustration with the complete inability of some to see what's right in front of their face.

If he's genuinely arguing with some of these people, then he needs to get out more and realise that a huge amount of the UK population are 'thinking challenged' - and short of some serious eugenics that isn't about to change in his lifetime.

Accusing Sammy of wanting to be right about everything and arguing with everybody is so hypocritical generally; pretty much everybody would like to be right and/or thinks they are and, you can't have an argument with yourself.

Well you can, no you can't, yes you can, fuck off Simmo, no you fuck off Simmo.[/QUOTE]

I think you've missed the point and written something that's not really relevant to what I wrote.

I can't get with Sammy's constant need to argue / debate (it's a fine line) with people, but I absolutely understand his general frustration with the complete inability of some to see what's right in front of their face.

If he's genuinely arguing with some of these people, then he needs to get out more and realise that a huge amount of the UK population are 'thinking challenged' - and short of some serious eugenics that isn't about to change in his lifetime.

:dembelefingers:

We haven't made a shred of progress since his arrival apart from fitness. One great game against Woolwich (which is self motivating) and a good but slightly manic win against Chelsea does not counterbalance all the crap.
people say he has brought passion to the players.
they seem uninspired, de-motivated & lacklustre to me.
they seem to go in there shells under poch.
its either that or u get dropped.
we are unwatchable & pedestrian.

never was confident of poch being the man for the job.

levy has again proved its buisness before football pleasure.

i am really not as excited as i usually am about the season & spurs.

we play such boring average stuff.

Remember when we pipped Man City to fourth place, playing fantastic football. What was the score there then?
We were lucky not to get hammered 5-1, as Bent missed two penalties.
Seem to remember us drawing there 0-0 when we were playing great football too.
Sunderland have always been shit right and a team we should roll over?
Yet from 2002 to the present day we have won 4 times there in the league.
We couldn't even win there when they were relegated in 02/03 & 05/06. We lost 2-0 and drew 1-1.

I think O'shea got away with a lot yesterday. They were booing the Ref when he was vey lax against them. Dele Alli was manhandled and got fuck all.
Should have had a free kick on the D just before they set Defoe off for his chance that hit the post as Kane was tripped intentionally as he was trying to get a shot off.
Trouble with Harry is he's too honest. Doesn't go down theatrically like most. The way he falls looks like he fell.
If he would have swan dived we may have even got a penalty.
Jones pulled off what was left of his shirt to make him lose his balance when Mason put over a great cross.
Jones pulled back Vertonghen at a free kick which amazingly wasn't seen, penalty.
Walker was blocked intentionally in the box, direct free kick/penalty.
Son missed the ball completely which looked a certain goal if he would have connected.
Harry missed completely.
Harry had a shot saved
Chadli squandered two chances, one he definitely should have put away.
Lamela headed wide
Mason didn't hit a shot hard enough - a little more speed and goal - which was saved.
However, we were lucky that Defoe scuffed his shot and hit the post and Rodwell hit the bar.

This is football. How many times have we outplayed/matched teams and lost?
I wonder how Man U feel about playing unconvincingly their first 4 games and sitting 3rd?

This myth that we played well. This is par with Leciester, one hour of Utd, and the last 20 minutes of Stoke.

Other than Everton, we have played like this all season at some point.
Its how we play.

last season was the same.
such boring bog-standard football bar a few games.

shouldnt be suprised the trend has continued.

If you had an ugly daughter and the same guy told you every day, 50 times a day, that you had an ugly daughter -I think in the end the least you would do, would be to tell him to fuck off, despite the knowledge that your daughter wasn't the most attractive kid.
People grinding out the same message day after day, and calling out supporters who will support the team and insist on seeing the good, amongst the bad, and deriding them for that attitude are hardly likely to get a cult following, are they?

last season was the same.
such boring bog-standard football bar a few games.

shouldnt be suprised the trend has continued.
Take a look at the players in the team. Now tell me how many of them were subject to astronomical bids from the (city, CFC, Arse, Manure, PSG, Barcelona, Real, Monaco) moneybags teams.

That's because we sold all of the ones we had

And when you do that, then you have to be grateful that we have a manager who can stop us losing so many times we get relegated, and tries to make us win so many times we can qualify for Europe, or challenge for minor trophies.

One of the best team goals of 1/2 touch football I have seen from a Spurs team in ages.
If that one piece of sublime football was not good enough for some, then those some are cunts.
that would be relevant if u judged the whole team on 1 goal.
which would be pretty silly.

If you had an ugly daughter and the same guy told you every day, 50 times a day, that you had an ugly daughter -I think in the end the least you would do, would be to tell him to fuck off, despite the knowledge that your daughter wasn't the most attractive kid.
People grinding out the same message day after day, and calling out supporters who will support the team and insist on seeing the good, amongst the bad, and deriding them for that attitude are hardly likely to get a cult following, are they?

Hallelujah... Couldn't agree more..

Shut up and enjoy the win at least for today you moany old pricks.

Honestly, some of you fucking boggle my mind, get a fucking life.
if i was as happy as u make out u are, i wouldnt care what others are saying on a forum.
id hate to be really happy yet still care what strangers are saying on a forum.

some happiness advice coming back your way.

enjoy being happy & sod what people are saying on a forum. dont let it concern u.

if i was as happy as u make out u are, i wouldnt care what others are saying on a forum.
id hate to be really happy yet still care what strangers are saying on a forum.

some happiness advice coming back your way.

enjoy being happy & sod what people are saying on a forum. dont let it concern u.

23CUT%20OUT1.jpg

Bit of perspective

Sunderlands best performance of the season
Our worst
Our top 2 scorers had a shit game
We were low on confidence
Without several key players (Eriksen, Bentaleb, Rose, Pritchard, Njie...)
Won when playing shit
Dier is growing every game
Didn't feel our defense was too troubled
Third best defense in the league

Quite a few positives. Once Kane hits form, it should be relatively smooth sailing.

You're daughter is fucking ugly though and I will be reminding you of that again tomorrow.

Underneath though, you know, inside yourself that the game was shit, and you didnt enjoy it.
You know full well we are poor.
Correct. The game was shit. And we were poor.

You know you are lying to yourselves and your "support" is desperate hope.
My support is not desperate hope. My support is unwavering for Spurs, because I simply cannot hate my club, nor can I spend a season being a critic about every performance regardless of the result. Nor would I want to.

You know we were better, and you know we have regressed, and all putting all your doubts about Poch into a box and locking it away in the shed doest mean your doubts dont exist.
Yes we were better. Yes we have regressed. Shall we keep going on about the good ol' days? Will it bring them back? No. I supported Spurs then, I do now.

Do I think Poch is a good manager? Yes. Do I think he is the best manager in the world, incapable of failure? No. But he's been here a little over a year, finished 5th and reached a cup final. Maybe not to everyone, but that is a success in my eyes.

You know, full well, what you just wrote was bollocks, and you barely believe it yourself.
It wasn't. We played shit. We won. WE WON. I was fucking ecstatic when we scored, made a fool out of myself down the local football club - who the fuck cares? It was a moment of brilliance, and we won a football game. We didn't play swashbuckling-ly amazing football for 90 minutes, no. I realise that. We could have lost, very easily.

But under a different manager - under a different owner - one you actually backed, you'd have praised us for resilience, keeping our heads up, and snatching the game from the jaws of defeat, all the while keeping a (for Spurs) rare clean sheet. You can always win a game when you don't concede, and we did just that. In that respect, I was delighted, and rather than be a miserable cunt for the remainder of the weekend as I usually am after a loss, I was jubilant.

You still want to pick the team apart and complain after a win? Be my guest. Keep calling for Harry to come back. It won't happen. You keep referring to our better historic performances after every game we don't play like Barcelona under Guardiola - it's really not that relevant.

Say what you want, cos I dont expect any admissions, but when you sit there and think about....you just know, dont you.

Either that or you enjoy shit football.
Admitted we were shit - and still delighted we won.

What a crazy fan I am, ey! :pocheyes:

To summise - I'm looking forward, whilst you keep looking back. It'll get you nowhere mate.

Bit of perspective

Sunderlands best performance of the season
Our worst
Our top 2 scorers had a shit game
We were low on confidence
Without several key players (Eriksen, Bentaleb, Rose, Pritchard, Njie...)
Won when playing shit
Dier is growing every game
Didn't feel our defense was too troubled
Third best defense in the league

Quite a few positives. Once Kane hits form, it should be relatively smooth sailing.
Not sure about Pritch and N'Jie being key players, but 3rd best defence in the league is a fantastic achievement so far given our 2014/15 record.

Back
Top Bottom