Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All it would have taken is 2 loan deals. Didn't need to be amazing. Just 2 squad players on loan to see us until summer.
Exactly. This is previous Januarys all over again, where one or two key signings could've made the difference. This time though it seems to be the manager rather than chairman who is not taking the plunge.

As much as I hate the cunt, bringing in Berbatoss would've been a very sensible move, especially if it were a loan. Hardly "spunking money". What happens now if Ade gets injured after Defoe is gone? Back to Soldado as lone striker?

Same problem at left back if Rose gets injured. Naughton for the run in.

Sorry, but those possibilities don't fill me with confidence.
everything.jpg

Bindippers got Konoplyanka.. so literally everyone around us has strengthened expect for us who let Holtby go off on loan

Utd: Mata
LFC: Konoplyanka
EFC: Traore
Chelsea: Salah/Zouma/Matic
Even Woolwich signed Kallstrom...

Only City didn't and they have the best squad in the league

Bindippers got Konoplyanka.. so literally everyone around us has strengthened expect for us who let Holtby go off on loan

Utd: Mata
LFC: Konoplyanka
EFC: Traore
Chelsea: Salah/Zouma/Matic
Even Woolwich signed Kallstrom...

Only City didn't and they have the best squad in the league

City just took the piss and said "we've beat you twice horrifically, and we can still sign two players for millions if we want....

...but nah, don't need 'em!"

Bastards.

It's alright, Tim doesn't need any more either *dread* (hopes for secret message within this)

should we start to fall away in the league, which Im concerned we might, would it be reasonable for the WHL crowd to start asking "Wheres The Fucking Money Gone"

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.... Oh.

From Fulham fans;
Simon: Best deal of the day for Fulham? Getting rid of lazy, disruptive Berbatov. Let's hope it's not too late...

John: As a life-long Fulham fan, I'm glad Berbatov's gone. He did nothing for us. I hope the replacement keeps us in the Premier League.

Whilst I woulda given my remaining kidney for the 2008/09 Berba... I think we dodged a bullet there tonight I think!

Monaco & Berbatov are a perfect fit!

Cue Ade going AWOL and Soldado tweaking an eyelid tomorrow!

I just gave you a disagree which i wish could of been a dislike for your ridiculous profile picture. Have our fans ever been so split into different groups as we are right now? I feel like I really, really dislike a lot of "Us"

*Not directed at you smokey, but just in general...*
Chill mate. It's just a joke picture. If Tim delivers the goods then I'll be as happy as everyone else. I'm not going to go into the Lane and sing Weasel chants.

Chill mate. It's just a joke picture. If Tim delivers the goods then I'll be as happy as everyone else. I'm not going to go into the Lane and sing Weasel chants.

Fair enough, its just that I don't really remember the personal attacks, or OTT criticism for previous managers so early, or even in the latter stages too. Maybe except for AVB.

Fair enough, its just that I don't really remember the personal attacks, or OTT criticism for previous managers so early, or even in the latter stages too. Maybe except for AVB.
I think the difference between this man and previous managers is that others came from elsewhere with experience and success. He has neither. So for me this is different. He has to convince me he's right for the job, whereas with others I could look at what they had done elsewhere and hope that they would replicate it with us.

Having said that, I wasn't impressed by AVB's appointment either. I only thought Harry should've gone if we were getting an upgrade and I thought AVb was very much a lateral move. I just didn't make up any avatars because, well, he didn't look like a Weasel. :adegrin:

Might surprise you to know that not that many years ago I had a shirt with Sherwood's name on the back. But he gives it large in his interviews and I just don't think he has much to show for it. If he justifies the big talk then I'll be very happy. But that doesn't mean we can't question things he says or does. I've done that with every manager since Mullet Francis.

Back
Top Bottom