ECL - Spurs vs NS Mura, Thursday 30th Sept at 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got home. We were pathetic until Nuno made the first 3 subs - Son was FLYING tonight. Moura, good, Kane was a class above. But let's face it, the opposition was not talented.

I'll keep saying it - Dele should never put a foot on the pitch again. He was APPALLING.

Skipp - excellent. Winks was Winks. Rodon was okay, as was Romero. Gio was good (nice goal). Gil was a bit ineffective, but energetic. N'dombele was wearing a nice hat.

We had some fun where I was sitting. A group of nice traveller types objected to the good folk next to them discussing Tony Blair/politics and hands round necks ensued, resulting in several people being ejected from the stadium lol. As it was during the 1st half, it was more interesting than the football. I felt very at home - it was just like being on here most days. :)
Wait, what, seriously? People started fighting in the stands over the politics of Tony Blair? I can't speak for anyone else but I'd be fascinated to know more about all this: the tone of the conversation, what was talked about specifically etc. Amazing.

0 PL goals

5 goals against Tacos and Lucas Moura

Mr. Flat Track does it again!
He's literally already had a start to the PL worse than this one (IIRC, he scored in the 6th game, against Man City), and he's traditionally been a slow starter anyway. Your implication that he's suddenly become a Championship player over the course of a couple of months is ridiculous.

Just not true - Kane was shit when he was 21, let alone 17. Do I think he will make it? No. Would I prefer to see him get experience against this dross as opposed to keeping Mbpappe Viniscus ? Yeah
I think Kane's rise is sometimes overstated a bit, like saying that he was shit beforehand. He was good enough to start for England at every age group and was a consistently solid performer for them/us. Maybe I'm not representative of the consensus opinion on this because I saw potential in him quite early on, but I firmly believe that he could never be called shit.

I personally put his meteoric rise down to scouts not really understanding him and him needing his potential to be unlocked through trust and game time. I don't think "he was shit one year and then a year later was instantly one of the best strikers in the league" is a particularly satisfying or likely story.

Winks, one forward pass
Dele just dreadful after he got the penalty.

If you seriously think that these two are good enough for us to finish top4/6 you are just living in delusion. Good enough to beat the 5th placed team in Slovenia but not for the premiership.

What's better, 1 forward pass that sets up a goal or 20 that don't?

What's better , a 'dreadful' performance where you score a goal; or a great performance where you don't?

I dont know where he plays. People say he's a second striker but his finishing and passing is top shit for that.
He is a poor man’s Lampard, without the jammy goals, can be quite irrelevant.
Thanks to the peno, he shouldn’t even play for most premiership teams.
We need to honestly look at our players and evaluate them based on which teams do we think they could start in, then set our ambitions in order with that.
I am certain Dier wouldn’t start for Everton for example.
That’s when we know our actual level.
We have an illusion that we are this club at this level that we realistically aren’t.
We have players that wouldn’t make it into the Westham 11 in our starting line ups.
We can’t be a serious footballing club.

What's better, 1 forward pass that sets up a goal or 20 that don't?

What's better , a 'dreadful' performance where you score a goal; or a great performance where you don't?
Dele or Winks aren’t good enough for a midfield role, such an important area. Goals and to a lesser extent assists are secondary for midfielders - a bonus. You can’t afford passengers and weak links in midfield or you’ll get more disjointed performances against better sides.

I think Kane's rise is sometimes overstated a bit, like saying that he was shit beforehand. He was good enough to start for England at every age group and was a consistently solid performer for them/us. Maybe I'm not representative of the consensus opinion on this because I saw potential in him quite early on, but I firmly believe that he could never be called shit.

I personally put his meteoric rise down to scouts not really understanding him and him needing his potential to be unlocked through trust and game time. I don't think "he was shit one year and then a year later was instantly one of the best strikers in the league" is a particularly satisfying or likely story.
That’s fair, it was a throwaway comment but my point is he went from being a 1 goal in 3 div 1 / championship player to maturing to be one of the best strikers in the world. The development took time and if Scarlett shows potential in training, what do we have to lose by allowing him time too?

The fact he’s our second choice striker is an absolute joke, but that’s a different point

What's the bet that Nuno, Paratici and Hitchens don't actually like each other and they think the other two are just a hinderence to their own vision? Would make sense why WERE A CIRCUS
I really don’t like P and H being on the bench. They should leave the coaching team and players alone. It’s disruptive and disrespectful for me.

I didn't know a lot of the youth team but heard and was exited about Kane, he was player of the year at Millwall and I was looking forward to seeing him at Norwich where he was unlucky with injury.

He doesn't have anything immediately outstanding (pace /strength etc.) so people wrote him off and he proved them wrong, this is where it comes from.

second 11 played well for 10 mins, then went back to sidewards and backwards passing
our second 11 should have no problems in this section and we should not need the big guns until the round of 32/16, but our second 11 have proved yet agian most are not good enough or can't get themselves up to play these teams, so many of them need to be moved on

Wait, what, seriously? People started fighting in the stands over the politics of Tony Blair? I can't speak for anyone else but I'd be fascinated to know more about all this: the tone of the conversation, what was talked about specifically etc. Amazing.
Yes - although the 'action' was in my row, it took place 4 seats away from me, at half time I asked the bloke in the row directly in front of them and he told me what I've reported. For a while it looked like it was going to get tasty, but there was a blonde woman between the two main potential pugilists and she just kept screaming calm down as they grappled over her head. Funny or what? Wish I'd have had the presence of mind to shoot a video, but I'm from another generation.

Last edited:
bIC3vfo.jpg

My MOTM - Son.
Next time I go, I'm going to attempt to get a full meal on a plate past security. If successful, I shall retire happy.

Back
Top Bottom