Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Being a sad cunt, for humbling purposes I have gone through the thread to find older posts which have been proven wrong and/or silly. Too many from ole gibbsy to quote.

Agree with this. If we can sell Rose for anything more than £5m, and get (for example) Shaw in, that'd leave us with a better player than Rose right now (BAE) and a player with the potential to be a lot better than Rose.

Not that I have anything against Danny especially (although his recent comments were foolish), but I just don't think he's ever going to be much better than a top 8 team's LB.
:kaneshh:

Danny Rose is not starting eleven quality, end of. Not for us anyway, there are reasons he was Sunderland's best player, the main reason being that he was at Sunderland. It would be a step sideways at best to replace BAE with Rose, probably more of a step back though.

2 main issues for me. Firstly his football brain is shocking. Always makes the wrong choice. Even when it's obvious what to do. Secondly he is meant to be better going forward but adds little more than a out of control car. His crossing is shit and technically he us weak. Back up yes but not first team.
Evra (not facing lennon) Baines, Shaw(much better defensively), Davies, Taylor both from Swansea, Cole, Clichy(more experience and better defensively, but not by a lot), Davide Santon is on par if not better.
And that's just a quick list of players in England...
Looked shit yesterday, final ball is not good enough and made a couple of unforced errors. Bring back Assou!
I think someone coercively tried to convert a LW into a LB and the result is not very good. He may have speed, the odd decent pass, and occasional good entry to the box yet he looks mortified every time a decent winger is on his side and keeps creating massive holes that allows the opposition to exploit our already weak defence.

I know he has some fans but I don't see him as a top 10 material let alone a starting LB for a CL (pretender) contesting side.
Not good enough, time to look for a replacement.
How wrong were we to think that Rose was a good left back?! Fuck me. I thought so as well! Coming into this season, that is. The fear now is that the "replacement" in the summer will be BAE. Better than Rose, but still not good enough.

Hes not good enough. Never looks happy to be playing there either. The lad is a failed winger and is only playing leftback because of the dearth of decent players there (even around the world) - its hard to find a good one. Just look at Liverpool's issues in that position (Enrique, Sissokho, puttiing Johnson there etc). Giving Flanagan the position now is a shrewd move as he is young and will grow into the position, particularly given that he is a natural there and not a converted winger.

Rose is a back up player for us and thats as far as i see it sadly. Would love to see someone like our own Shaw come through the ranks but dont know if theres anyone good enough coming up thru the yoof system at LB ( WindyCOYS WindyCOYS got any knowledge bombs?)

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being 'Danny Rose'...10 being 'definitely not Danny Rose'), I'm afraid to say he scores a lowly 1.

Here's a bit of 'ITK' for you. I live in Bristol and my hairdresser is an ex-footballer that knows several Bristol City players. According to him, Rose was hated by the Bristol City players because he used to strut around thinking the sun shined out of his arse during training (refusing to mix with the squad), then never bothered to put in any effort during games. I know he was universally disliked by the Bristol City fans.

Caulker on the other hand was worshipped as a saint, and very popular with the Bristol City players. Apparently he had a fantastic attitude, and led by example in training.
The players you named all switched positions before turning pro, Carragher, Carrick, Lloris, David James were all strikers as kids. Now, Rose isn't even half as good as these players and as such will need to adjust, the system doesn't help him. Shouldn't be our first choice by any stretch of the imagination.
Rose should only be a bench player next season. He's average. I'm hoping we are scouting in Spain and Germany for his replacement.
Five fucking years?
Five. Fucking. Years. Five.
He can't cross and he can't defend. I think a lot of fans still rate him purely for that goal against the scum.
I don't hate him just don't rate him, I believe he's a liability at LB, shipped far to many goals due to his lack of ability and positioning.
Danny Rose has to be giving absolutely 100% to look half decent, mainly using his pace and getting lucky with his headless chicken approach. But he has little skill and a poor footballing brain. When he's not giving 100%, he looks severely limited: like today. Davies has more potential, but it will probably be a year until we really see it. Playing at Tottenham is hugely different to playing at Swansea. We'll have to wait and see if, mentally, he can hack it.

Shout out to all the guys who stuck by Rose during the intense melting and scapegoating. KeaneBean KeaneBean Anthony Beale Anthony Beale JDK JDK Sanchez18 Sanchez18 Totti Totti Mad Yid Mad Yid (RIP) sammyspurs sammyspurs :adesalute::adethumbup::adebaehug:

Rose's form towards the back end of the season has been something to hold on to and his passion for the game is tangible. Good to see he is rewarding the club's faith in him and it's always nice to have at least ONE player in form.

He WAS fucking garbage for large parts of last season though. Maybe a bit of a scapegoat, but some fans like to have a focus for their vitriol.

Next problem - "We need to talk about Kyle"

I wish I was the top scorer for Hindsight United. Must be awesome.

On another point, the Football Ramble podcast said that Rose was trying to dye his hair purple and fucked it up......

I'm calling for an umpires decision on a chinny reckon.

If anyone thinks Danny Rose is going to be good enough for Tottenham to realise any kind of CL ambitions then good for them but the bloke is still responsible for far too many goals against.

I don't dislike him by any stretch and admire his improvement but that doesn't mean he is the best option at left back.

Capable of 7/10 as readily as he is 3/10 - which isn't good enough.

Being a sad cunt, for humbling purposes I have gone through the thread to find older posts which have been proven wrong and/or silly. Too many from ole gibbsy to quote.

Shout out to all the guys who stuck by Rose during the intense melting and scapegoating. KeaneBean KeaneBean Anthony Beale Anthony Beale JDK JDK Sanchez18 Sanchez18 Totti Totti Mad Yid Mad Yid (RIP) sammyspurs sammyspurs :adesalute::adethumbup::adebaehug:

Thank fuck I didn't join this forum sooner, I'd be guilty as sin.

Just kidding, I always backed him...:llorisserious:

He wasn't that bad though that's the thing. He played in only one of the many maulings last season. He was over exposed by the midfield and very unfairly scapegoated.
Agreed and I've posted this on many of occasions. He was one of our best defenders in the opening few games when we were keeping cleansheets. He was working well with Chadli too. I still remember his unreal tackle of van Wolfswinkel in the 2-0 win against Norwich.

Called out again eh?

My fan club should be thanking their lucky stars that Rose played good this year.

It would be pretty messy seeing my main negative reputation on this forum was for my anti tiny dancer stance on Soldado, Townsend, Naughton, Rose and Lennon.

Tbf I called out everyone. & FTR there's no point basking in glory that most of those players you slated aren't doing so well when your alternative is to field a team based primarily on how physically strong a player is since that sort of lineup will never happen except in video games or the NFL & as much as you slated those listed you also praised Ade, Paulinho etc who haven't contributed anywhere near as much as Townsend or Rose.

The problem with you was that you had some players you disliked or thought we not good enough- which is fair enough.
BUT then you turned most threads into arguments about why that player is a shit tiny dancer or whatever.
The fact is those players ARE still at the club, so constantly putting them down leads to a toxic effect on the forum in general. You don't even have to actively support every player wearing the shirt, just don't slag them off 24/7 until they leave at least.

Tbf I called out everyone. & FTR there's no point basking in glory that most of those players you slated aren't doing so well when your alternative is to field a team based primarily on how physically strong a player is since that sort of lineup will never happen except in video games or the NFL & as much as you slated those listed you also praised Ade, Paulinho etc who haven't contributed anywhere near as much as Townsend or Rose.

The problem with you was that you had some players you disliked or thought we not good enough- which is fair enough.
BUT then you turned most threads into arguments about why that player is a shit tiny dancer or whatever.
The fact is those players ARE still at the club, so constantly putting them down leads to a toxic effect on the forum in general. You don't even have to actively support every player wearing the shirt, just don't slag them off 24/7 until they leave at least.

How about you go and do your white knight routine with people cunting off Capoue, Ade, Chiriches etc? Seems you have rules for who you can slag off with impunity, and there are some who you can't.

Take Sammy. He dared to question Poch's methods months ago. It was interesting seeing the forum react to Sammy's predictions essentially coming true with some bizarre nailed on failed tactics. Poch bringing on Soldado or Townsend on to get goals when you can count their combined prem goals in open play on one hand over the years. Or having Chiriches in a back line period...We've ended up having one of the worst defenses in the league with seemingly no game plan.

Instead, because Poch is likable, that breaks a rose tinted rule and people can't actually bring themselves to be straight. Sammy should be getting credit. Instead he gets the opposite. A pile on and this anti fan nonsense. Perhaps it's the opposite. Perhaps he is looking more closely and that makes him a bigger. more obsessive fan than you? Perhaps looking past the players PR and chest beating, looking past their English roots and badge kissing, and looking past their twitter account to see what is best for the team is being a real fan?

Me saying Soldado, Townsend etc won't score enough and weakens us off the ball leaving our back 4 exposed is protecting Spurs. Not shitting on it.

IMO, the anti Sammy Poch defenders possibly like Poch's power stance and expression on the sidelines more than his tactics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom