Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has looked good when he gets down to the byline and uses his close control to beat a man and cut it back.
Also has looked more than competent when we were putting 1 touch, quick passing moves together that not only looked beautiful - were also very effective.. but I haven't seen us do much of this in recent weeks.

He has been a great outlet for us at times, more so in the first half of the season - being able to receive awkward balls, control them and hold it up. Richarlison mostly hasn't been capable of that and it's certainly not Son's game, so Kulu was our bit of strength in the attacking line we could use in that way.
Doesn't look great on the eye often doing the Heskey stuff, or what Kevin Davies used to do against us in every game for Bolton, but it can be very effective.

I do think he looked better playing in the middle overall than his games out wide this season.
At the moment I couldn't even credit him enough to compare him to Heskey.
Him holding the ball up would be great if it was near the opposition box, but it's on the halfway line.

He can be a good player, but I can't remember the last time he played well for most of a match. Especially when out wide where I feel he's holding us back more often that pushing us forward

You haven't provided any evidence of anything. Just got upset because I was equally dismissive as you are to others.

Age isn't what makes you an old timer, though it's probably about time you hung up that 30 year old Umbro tracksuit for good.

I'm 38, can spell Dele Alli, and am intelligent enough to not call other people I don't know dumb in the same paragraph as making criticism about making assumptions without knowing people - as that would only expose insecurities.

Making unsubstantiated claims about your foresight of Dele, Eriksen or Sarr has no relevance nor backs up your claim I originally responded to;

He's already good. Plenty good enough for our level. Is he world class or elite? No.
Ange thinks he's good, so by your logic, he doesn't really understand football - because you think you know something about youth level coaching from the side lines or what?

Get a grip.
Don’t need to get a grip mate. Nothing I claim about Dele, Eriksen or Sarr is a lie . If I could be bothered I’d drag up some old posts to show you but I have better things to do with my time unlike yourself who seems to be all over this site. Just not a fan of people who pull others down when they don’t themselves know their arse from their elbow.
Oh and by the way I have never owned an Umbro tracksuit. I played the game to a very good standard. So you are wrong to make assumptions. But I guess two can play at that game- you know perhaps I should assume that your vegan girlfriend was put off meat for life when she saw your shrivelled up sausage. Don’t bother replying . I have wasted far too much effort on you already ya daft cock stain

Last edited:
I'm here talking about Kulusevski on the Kulusevski thread. You talk some bollocks about what you thought about Dele 5+ years ago genuinely thinking it backs up your shit for brains statement.

I'm not a fan of people that say things like "I said so ages ago, if only everyone listened to me", or people that can't spell the names of our players (especially 4 letter named English players), or people that claim others 'know nothing about football' as that isn't something somebody would say that does actually know a lot with an opinion worth listening to.

I played up to Chelsea academy trials and county level football myself. Not a very high level, but the level you play to doesn't mean anything at all in what we're talking about.

I expect your useless cunt son never made it to the Premier League having followed the advice of his overly pushy noncey father telling him to be more selfish as that's how you make it in the game right?
Driving him all over the show desperate he would be the one that makes it where you couldn't, so you can feel better about your PE teacher job, wearing an Acme whistle on a shoe lace to bed with your borderline simple wife before she left you, telling your equally failed friends stories of how 'you would have made it if it weren't for that damn knee injury' in a flat roofed pub on the cheapest larger.
Probably tried to run your sons local team based on your experience that might have impressed the 70 year old lady secretary collecting their £1 training money each week so you could pick him as the striker and captain every week even though he ran like his arsehole was still recovering from last nights discipline for not listening to your advice properly.

I have met plenty of your sort.
No cunt in real life takes you seriously, but maybe, just maybe with enough embellishment some people might take you remotely seriously on a Tottenham forum.

Fat, old, useless, irrelevant cunt.
Oh dear. Is it really me that needs to get a grip ? Don’t go to bed too late or you’ll miss your shrink appointment in the morning

Oh dear. Is it really me that needs to get a grip ? Don’t go to bed too late or you’ll miss your shrink appointment in the morning

You agreed to a post calling Kulusevski "a good footballer" now.

I refer you back to your previous, original comment I replied to.

He will only be good again in the minds of people that don’t really understand football.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

You agreed to a post calling Kulusevski "a good footballer" now.

I refer you back to your previous, original comment I replied to.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN
Enough. You’ve overstepped the mark and if you can’t see that then you do need some serious help. I won’t be communicating with you again so don’t waste your energy

Enough. You’ve overstepped the mark and if you can’t see that then you do need some serious help. I won’t be communicating with you again so don’t waste your energy

Stop telling me you are done with communicating by not communicating then.

You accuse people of knowing nothing compared to your level of knowledge - I respond in kind.
You attack my family - I respond in kind.
You keep replying to me - I respond in kind.
You stop replying to me - I respond in kind.

If you want to open fire on my girlfriend you have to be prepared to accept what I want to give in return buddy. If you don't like it, don't open the door for it.

I came here to talk about Kulusevski but was entertained well beyond my expectations. Thanks.

So Juventus's scouts amd coaches didn't understand football? Postecoglou doesn't understand football? The people who awarded him Swedish player of the year ( TWO years running) don't understand football?

But some random joes on public forum undertand football?
They got rid of him as a club didn’t they? He needs to be upgraded along with others if Spurs are to progress. We have a good keeper, best defence and midfield for a very long time and just need to get the forward line right. I may be wrong and time will tell but for me he isn’t good enough long term

Stop telling me you are done with communicating by not communicating then.

You accuse people of knowing nothing compared to your level of knowledge - I respond in kind.
You attack my family - I respond in kind.
You keep replying to me - I respond in kind.
You stop replying to me - I respond in kind.

If you want to open fire on my girlfriend you have to be prepared to accept what I want to give in return buddy. If you don't like it, don't open the door for it.

I came here to talk about Kulusevski but was entertained well beyond my expectations. Thanks.
I didn’t attack your family. I didn’t open fire on your girlfriend. I was laughing at you but then you know that. I’ll let you claim the moral high ground though . Well done

Well he's a player that frequently gets rated as one of our worst every week on here except the games where he is clearly doing well.
Because we lost against Wolves he was rated 5.71 as our 5th best player on here.
If you look on whoscored, he was our highest rated player on the day. He's also our 4th highest rated player over the season.

Vs Wolves, 4 shots (1st), 2 on target (1st), and of course was our scorer.
4 successful dribbles (1st, 100%), 4 successful tackles (1st).

Though I can't quickly find up to date stats, earlier in the season he was 1st in the league for distance covered. I'm pretty sure he still covers at least the most distance per game for us.

He's our 3rd to scorer, only Maddison making more key passes per game, makes the most successful dribbles per game (also the most unsuccessful) and in turn is our most dispossessed player. Though I attribute a lot of that to Ange insisting wingers try and take players on.

He is a good player and offers us a lot. It's just not as obvious I think mostly due to what looks like laboured, lethargic movement - and those fucking back post crosses that never seem to come off.
Can your stats tell me how many times he didn't pass the ball into space, look for a runner, take a man on, go round the outside and cross, or just generally try to speed things up?
Can those stats also tell me how many times he did put his foot on the ball when a break was on, pass inside when there was a through ball, cut inside when the box was full of players and lose the ball or piss a team mate off when he didn't react quick enough.
Stats are useful, but they don't tell the full story of anything.

BTW, everyone bar a few at the back were shit against Wolves. So being the "5th best rated" player in a poor team performance means he was pretty fucking terrible tbh.

Stats are useful and can be misleading.
The examples of play you refer to - how many of his decisions can you be confident were his instinct, or coached as his role in the game plan or even shouted from the side line?
If he doesn't follow instructions for his role in the team, he should be and would be dropped - unless his returns overall seem worth having in the side more than what someone else would contribute.

This is where I think he is currently. Overall he is a better option for the team than Johnson, Gil or whoever and offers us a different set of qualities.

5th best rated player does mean the fan perception of his performance was 'pretty fucking terrible' giving him a 5.71 average rating, even though he actually scored a really good goal and contributed. Were the goals conceded directly his fault? Probably not. Had we won the game 1-0 via his goal with exactly the same performance otherwise, would he have been rated as 'pretty fucking terrible' at 5.71? Probably not, more like 7.5-8.5 rated.

His contribution was regarded as shit by the fans, like is the case with most players in most games we fail to win - when really to score a goal is a great contribution. The problem was we were losing and he didn't come up with another 1-2 goals/assists, because that's what the situation determined we needed from him to regard his performance as 'good'. You can slow down play, cut inside and lose the ball, piss team mates off etc and be regarded as having a good game if directly contributing to goals being scored.

Stats that formulate a player rating at least take emotion out of the equation whilst equally not considering the state of play at the time of the actions. Losing with 5 minutes to go, punting the ball back to the keeper would be registered as successful passes when we all know that's not what we want to see at that moment. But in saying that, overall he was still one of our better contributors on the day.

Son for example has had plenty of stinkers where he scored and we won. Whilst his giving the ball away and missed chances won't be ignored, at the end of the day we can also recognise he did score, which when combined with a win is all we could really ask for.
This is a really long post and I'm way too busy to give it the attention it deserves. But the first bit interested me the most and I totally have the same question.
There's currently a massive love-in for Ange where fans think he can do no wrong. And any shortcomings of the team at the moment are the players fault. But how do they know the players aren't being told to make 40+ passes before trying a weak shot.
If that's not the game plan, I would 100% expect to have seen a change by now. But we're doing the same thing now that we did against Sheffield United, 9 man Liverpool etc in the earlier stages of the season.

He doesn’t have anywhere near the pace or agility to play as what would essentially be a touchline winger.

You’d be losing out on the things he actually does well by stopping him coming in to central areas.

I can’t think of anything easier to defend against than a one footed touchline winger with no pace or turn speed.
But somehow he's better on the right?

He had 2 good games in the middle and the rest were awful. Pretty sure all those goals and assists are from those two.

He is not good enough to be a 10 for a top team. Even Foden (a vastly vastly better player) has lots to learn and has spent years with KDB before being trusted centrally long term.
Cover for Maddison? Perhaps not ideal but we have too much to do elsewhere both out and in imo . More creative and reliable than Lo Celso. If we have 2 new creative wingers no 10 becomes less of an issue anyway.

It's pretty chronic at the moment. Some real groans starting to go round the stadium every time he checks back...with our fans especially the home ones....Well we all know what the next installment looks like...😔
Funnily enough I remember the groans when Son nearly scored twice from pinpoint passes by Kulu.

Well his best position is through the middle anyway, not out wide.
Statement of facts not in evidence.

We should keep him until we have 3-4 players with better outputs and team contributions.
Right, exactly why we should ship him out NOW. Like you, there are others that have not cottoned on and will think he would be a helpful player and might pay real money for him. Now is the time to exploit that ignorance not much later when everyone can see it.

I'll check back with you later and we'll see if it was "delusional".

Kulu worked in that first season under conte because he was playing as an inside forward than a true out and out touchline winger...not to mention he was playing with Son and Kane at their best...

Overall a limited player...squad player at best...if this club has any aspirations to complete with liverpool...city...nowhere near good enough to start.

Yeah he would be depth at Liverpool and I doubt he’d see light at City.

Back
Top Bottom