Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Postecoglou is impressed by Kulusevski at Spurs​

When asked about Kulusevski’s effort, Postecoglou told Spurs Play after his side’s 1-0 win: “That’s the thing with Deki, he’s going to give you everything and more. And he does that every week.

“That doesn’t go unnoticed by the group and what we do. I think sometimes externally, because he’s a winger, people look at other aspects of his game. But just the sheer work-rate that he puts in for the team, and the selfless running that he does.

“He had to do the running of two men today. And I’d be surprised if he hasn’t cracked some records in terms of his running. We needed that and he gave that.”

Had to sign up to specifically tell you that if you think Bentancur is a “technician” and “comfortable on the ball”, you either have very very low standards (no offense) or you are in for a big surprise whenever his first fifteen minutes of form are over.

I’ve watched all 180-something games he played with us, half of them live at the stadium, and I hardly remember another supposedly decent midfielder being so terrible with the ball. He will lose possession regularly and he will cost you games. Only chance of playing him is by giving him zero responsibility whatsoever with the ball and possibly have someone decent next to him he can refer to.

He had some positive stretches with us as well, just enough to give you hope, then years would pass and you’d still be there hoping.

There was a time when he looked like a crack, but he turned out to be too poor with the ball and too lacking in positional awareness to make it in Europe at high levels.

Maybe Conte can revitalize him, otherwise you get what you pay for (in this case, a 20 mil reserve).

Kulu on the other hand has promise and I was sorry to see him go. He can do well in PL. A bit weak mentally but there’s Conte for that…
Try watching 180 games of Winks and Sissoko.

This guy needs a chant right now, I was thinking something to the tune of ‘don’t you want me baby’
I got a great one I just made up on the fly to the tune of ABBA just a moment ago.

Gimme, gimme, gimme a ginger from Sweden,

“He came from Juventus,

“And he plays on the wing.

“Gimme, gimme, gimme a ginger from Sweden,

“Number 21,

“His name is Kulusevski.”

What do you think?

One big thing is his mentality. All three Serie A recruits seen to be made of mentally tough stuff and we have needed these kind of players for ages. Big game mentality. Not fazed by who they're up against.

Kulu isn't just a baller, isn't just quick to adapt and with the instincts to play alongside Kane and Son as if he'd been doing so for a few seasons, he's got that determination and fearlessness that Conte wanted and it's starting to flood through our veins. I haven't seen that in quite some time with us.

Gimme, gimme gimme Dejan Kulusevski
Yeah, yeah, yeah he scores and assists
Gimme, gimme, gimme Dejan Kulusevski
That other song is just taking the piss
Gimme, gimme, gimme Dejan Kulusevski
He's not really ginger or even Swedish

The Office Grandpa GIF by MOODMAN

Good news that Kulusevski and Bentancur have both hit the ground running, both fit enough to play 90 minute matches - complete contrast to Ndombele who was rarely fit enough and similarly Lo Celso.

Back to normality.

Back
Top Bottom