KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem with Aurier isn't his ceiling, it's his floor and the variability in performances.

Trouble with Doherty is I'm not convinced defensively that his floor isn't lower. I suppose i'm just griping that most on here rated him much better than Aurier. I think he's like for like at best. Not exactly sure what the point of the switch is, unless Aurier definitely wants away.

I'm still trying to work out whether the Shkëndija manager looked more like Gomes or Levy....!
:levywtf:
1554580953_gjoka.jpg

Funny how almost a year on after Jose has arrived, the majority of players he was excited to coach such as Dele, Dier, Lucas, Davies etc. haven't really impressed or improved under him. Then we have players he didn't fancy at first such as Gio and Ndombele that have actually gotten better and are now slowly becoming the first names on the team sheet for Jose.

Whilst I'm not comparing Shkendija with Lincoln City (apart from a vaguely similar kit) it seems that Liverpool's under-11's are coasting 5-0 early in the 2nd half... whereas our relatively strong line-up made life VERY difficult again...

Aw, I dunno, had we coasted to a thumping win, we'd be complaining that standard of opposition in the early EL Qual. rounds wasn't worth the trip... so at LEAST it's a good early season workout!

Maybe we SHOULD treat it like a competitive pre-season fixture...
With the lack of fans and intensity, ALL these games feel like training ground work outs!

Still, job done, Dele done (probably) and onto Noocussle's horse punchers on Sunday!!!

Liverpool's under 11's probably don't have a premier league game to worry about in 3 days, nor where they playing on a ploughed field hundreds of miles from home.

And as I type this Lincoln just scored :allitongue:

Seriously though we won in 2nd gear

I honestly dont know what people expect, these games in the back of beyond were never going to be classics. Do the minimum, don't tire yourselves out, don't pick up injuries, get to the next round.

Mission accomplished.

YIDS

Back
Top Bottom