The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is about where I'm at this morning. Nervous AF.

nervous-gif.gif
Soft kitty,

Warm kitty,

Little ball of fur.

Happy kitty,

Sleepy kitty,

Spur Spur Spurs.....COYS

6pts in the bag. Thats a silly thing to say.
Every premiership game u can quite easily drop pts.

And thats just it, everything anyone has tried to predict has just blown up in their faces this season

Who had us second? - nobody

We didnt look tired one week ago when I saw 6 of the fuckers running to get into the swansea box to try and make it 3-1 after we came from behind

We were leggy today as we ran our guts out, Bielza burnout, do me a favour, lets wait and see before any labelling, its a generation of cunts who have to label everything!! nothing makes sense, if Football did, the bookies would all be closed

For once the fans in ground were superb, magnificent support, lets hope it continues

I've never incurred so many celebration-related injuries, when Harry Kane smashed this in. Somehow, I ended-up flat on my face, on the concrete steps in Block 32, with at least two or three people on top of me. My glasses went flying into the row in front, but luckily they weren't too badly damaged.

This morning, I've got bruises all over my legs and arms, as well as what looks like someone's footprint on my back. However, I know it was all done in good spirit and in sheer jubilation. Surprisingly, quite a few supporters helped me back to my feet and kept asking me if was okay, which was a nice touch. The guy who picked-up my glasses even bent one of arms back into place for me.

I had to apologise to the guy standing next to me, as somehow I ended-up with my left hand around his crown-jewels. Although, he was so pissed and overwhelmed with Spurs related ecstasy, that I don't think he noticed.

COYS for Thursday!!

Last edited:
I'll try and give you this without the emotion. We are in danger of talking ourselves into 'fatigue.' It is being mentioned often, so often, that in fact it will become real. I remember '82 when we were going for everything.
We lost the League Cup Final to Liverpool AET, who we the fittest team in the country.
We were kicked to bits, and I do mean that, by Barcelona, yes Barcelona, in the Semi Final of the Cup Winners Cup. We finished forth in the League.
All of this was achieved by a small squad who had to endure a replay in the F.A. Cup final, but still found enough to win it. We have had the most intense week of the season against a fanatical West Ham and a very good Woolwich team. It is past and will not be repeated.
Let's look at where we are. I have long argued that I don't want to finish 4th. I want a manager who will build a team to win the Premiere League. I thought it would take 5 years. It hasn't, we are close. That is progress.
I know that Sky's bitches will strengthen again. I see the profane transfer values being banded about. Levy, whatever you think of him, retains a connection with the fans and the community, and is building a stadium which will not, despite what the anti -Spurs media - and they are legion - mire us in Woolwich levels of debt.
We are not leaving our ancestral home, just shifting it north a bit. We are still a real club with real fans. We had fans at the game on Saturday form all over the world. They are not tourist, they could pick any successful, nouveau riche club in Europe. They are humble and keen. Tottenham Hotspur did that to them.
We will play in the Champions League once again next season, we will not win it. I know it can all come crashing down but we have staff turning down Manchester United's job offers and top quality players queueing up to sign new, long term contracts.
Teams that once laughed at us, now fear us. There are nine managers out there saying 'Lads, it's Tottenham.'
It means something else now. Every Spurs fan know what it is to be 'Spursy.' It too means something else now.
This not the past, this is now.
I believe.

Hate to say it but Lloris means 2 points against Woolwich instead of 6 this season.

This is the third time he's let in a goal like this at huge moments. Anfield last season, Newcastle at home this year and now today. Scuffed shots creeping past him in situations where you would expect any professional goalie to save it. Add to that Gibbs equaliser at Woolwich where I felt he should've done much better.

I love the man as much as the next guy, but he sure does drop some howlers at horrible times.
Lloris clearly could've done better on that Alexis goal but how many times has he also rescued 3 points for Tottenham ?? Were extremely fortunate to have a world class keeper and has done us proud many more times then not.

Yes very but for Woolwich fans.. They weren't expecting what happened.. It was all over the place today before and after the match..police couldn't contain it at all. There was more than usual as ther were a few rumours flying about but it still wasn't enough.
They do it every year, get all gobby and then hide but today there was no hiding place for them.
Yeah one gobby cunt in particular before the game was mouthing off when riding the gauntlet, until the protection got scattered and he found himself getting a few digs.
Oh to be young again.
Felt like we lost this game, which is really saying something about how I now perceive this team. I expect them to win.
It's those cunts who are happy with us letting them off the hook twice this year.

We have no done so great last 2 games, but things ain't too bad. It's going to happen with the squad we have and competing on all fronts.
They are going to be tired or have off days.
Still I am enjoying this season. I didn't expect us to win the league, and I still don't.
There are 2 teams in the top 4 who deserve to win it. Us and LCFC. If I am to be honest, thy may deserve it just a shade more. We have been by far the 2 most organise efficient teams this season.
However, for us to win it with this season, with this new, young, small inexperienced squad would be amazing, and on a shoestring.
Man City and Woolwich just do not deserve it.

Last edited:
No way on earth

1) it's way too early
2) the record watching in my living room is unbeatable

Are you thinking about it?
Thinking about it. Might crash at my mates place in Chicago then head over at 5:30 am.

Tired of running around the house early morning in my underwear screaming.

OK, my kids are tired of it.

American Gunners via a New York Times article written in 2014:

Among younger American writers who came of age on Nick Hornby’s soccer books like “Fever Pitch,” rooting forWoolwich, Mr. Hornby’s club of choice, is almost de rigueur, said Rosie Schaap, an American-born memoirist who considers herself a die-hard Tottenham Hotspur fan. (She also writes the monthly Drink column for The New York Times Magazine).

“Any time I’m at a book party or reading, and soccer comes up in conversation, I find myself surrounded by young men in shabby-genteel, loosely fitting tweed jackets gushing over the Gunners,” Ms. Schaap said. “In such settings, being an Woolwich supporter is even more predictable than having an M.F.A. or a pair of horn-rimmed glasses.”

:pochwtf:

Back
Top Bottom