Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From Gomes' facebook page;

Good morning, yesterday I shared a picture, and I wrote 'off to Eindhoven', but I didn't said that I was going back to PSV, I went there because I still got friends there and I went to visit one of them, everyone knows that PSV is very special for me and hope that I can play there again one day, but it is not the case at the moment, I have been as professional as possible during the time I'm not playing, I still have a contract here till the summer and of course I believe I got many years to play in top level, I will looking for it ,but at the mean time I have to do it right, thank you so much for the all best wishes that I received from my SPURS fans and the welcome messages that I received from my PSV fans, but I'm not going nowhere yet! God Bless you all!

I've always liked Gomes and really thought he saved us more points than costed. Maybe I was being naive. Sad to see him waste so many years at our club.

Have I missed anything? (Except the badly constructed sentence.. doh)

otac.png

I'm thinkn a proper shake up is needed, ship out 8 or 9 of these farkn foriegners

Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Chirches, Paulinho, Holtby, Chadli, etc....

get in about 10 new uns plus a new manager Fat Sam being the obvious top man candidate

he can bring the likes of Downing, Carroll, Noble, Nolan etc.. bunch a top geezers, English lads build a pwopa spine ya know

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-andrea-pirlo-2346687
OH.MY.GOD.
Imagine if we get Pirlo.I would fucking explode.Like a dream come true.Sing him up even for 100m,I WANT PIRLO!!!!

he's like 82 aint he? and a farkn foriegner to boot plus whats he ever won on cold winters nite in England? fuck all that's what we need Jonjo Shelvey ffs

In all seriousness I'd snap Berbatov up for the low low in January. At home he would knit our attack together nicely supplying the striker/wingers and away from home he'd be a good option to start with or to change the game from the bench if need be. We need another option to mix it up with as we've plenty in midfield on the flanks or in the center but with Ade frozen out we've no big man to bring on upfront and go all Sam Allardyce on mofos lol
Berbatov is a massive cunt

Long is not a sub-average striker. He's a well above average striker, hence he has played many games in the Prem. Far more than Kane for example, I mean if Long is sub-average, what would that make Harry?
Long is an average Premier League striker. 44 goals in 174 games for Reading (including Championship games). 19 in 80 for West Brom. They are distinctly average stats in my mind.

Kane is below average currently, hasn't proved anything. But Kane has age on his side, he's promising. I don't think he'll make it personally. But Long won't add anything to us, he is a direct striker and we have one of those, Defoe, who is better at it in my opinion.

While I'm not really a fan of any one particular player leaving, I think our midfield is awfully crowded at the moment and someone needs to be loaned or sold off, and I'm leaning toward Sig, who has had more time than most in our attacking setup to make his mark and mostly hasn't.

Considering that Kaboul hasn't played in years, he can't be counted. Considering that Vertonghen only just came back today from injury he can't be counted. So, at worst, Dawson is our second best CB currently. Dawson has done enough to justify his place in the team. Before we go kill Dawson to play Vertonghen and Vlad together, why don't we wait to see what happens when all three are healthy at once.
Well yes, he's our second best CB at the moment, because we have 2 fit centre backs. That is obvious. It's also obvious that Vertonghen is a million miles ahead of him when fit, which seems to be very soon.

The sensible part of me is fighting with the less sensible part:

Sensible: "The last thing we need is more players to settle."
Less sensible:"pato is available"
S: " Lamela will be like a new signing"
LS: "Forget him. Kaka!!! Trezeguet!!!! landon donovan."
S: "we will be stronger for not messing around."
LS: "tom ince at least!!"

This time though it seems to be the manager rather than chairman who is not taking the plunge.
DL: Timmeleh, we're letting you go.

TS: But I got us fifth!

DL: But we finished a mere point behind Liverpool. If you had pushed for striker cover in January, the double skull fracture from the Ade/Soldado collision at Hull wouldn't have cost us so many points. I asked you if you wanted anyone. I gave you money. And you said no. Where did you learn to be so stingy?

TS: I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU, DAD! I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom