Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have the day off work today. Seriously contemplating being one of the mongs who hang around the training ground waiting for glimpses of incoming players. No smartphone though so updates must be relayed via text.

8434165378_c6350e19ec_o.gif

Here's a visualisation that's about as realistic as our chances of a signing

8db8.gif

You would have to seriously consider the reserve game played against Spam was not only for the benefit of giving Sandro, Vertonghen, Paulinho and Kabs valuable game time but also to put the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane in the January shopping window.
By all accounts everything went well for the returning injured and potential exits.

I still think we can reduce the squad (loans or sale) by up to 4 from any of:
Gomes, Friedel, Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli, Dembele or Kane

With one striker to come in if Kane goes on loan.

As we only have say 20-24 games remaining I have thrown Dembele into a potential sale as he is now realistically competing with Sandro, Paulinho and Bentaleb for a starting spot with his sale of around 15mill makes good financial sense for Levy.
As long as TS is around, Dembele will not be sold ... which is a good thing, imo.

@ WindyCOYS WindyCOYS tweeted that we are looking at a loan swap deal Holtby for berbatov. Don't know about berba but surely it would be the best move for all parties if we loaned Holtby to another prem side where he is guaranteed to start. Then we can see how he fares in this league with a decent amount of regular football under his belt. You can see the guy has talent but he's never going to fulfil his potential unless he's playing and with everyone fit there isn't space on our squad for him to do that.

Long for £2 million is a bargain whatever anyone says.
Agree! What you can be assured with Long, is 100% ever time he steps out on the pitch! Whether as a 65 minute sub or in the starting 11! Honest, hardworking player! Might just bring a little humility to the squad, along with his goals!

We know what price tags, (Torres, Soldado, Shevcheko) mean! Fuck all! Long for me would grasp the opportunity to don the shirt of a big club and would reward it with no less than 100% commitment! For me, for 2 mill + 40.000 per week! Money well spent!

I forgot how much I hate the transfer window. The way people are reacting to RUMOURS about Holtby and Capoue is fucking shameful. Some of you sound like Chicken Little running around screaming, "THE SKY IS FALLING".

It is always incredible how poorly people deal with rumours and shit like this. We hear bullshit all summer and all January, every single year. Yet, people still fail to grasp the fact that most of the people writing this nonsense don't know anything more than we do.

Calm down and put on your big boy pants everyone. It is transfer season, have you really not grasped how it works yet? We call it silly season for a reason. Can we at least save the melty nonsense until something official happens?

Grow up. We're going to be fine. Take a few deep breaths.

(This isn't directed at anyone in this thread. Just a general reminder.)

Back
Top Bottom