Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another thought on BD - he picked up a very early yellow last night. Rightly, a professional foul (the sort I'd like to see punished in future with a 10-20 min sin bin, but that's another debate). From then on he didn't commit a single foul that could be deemed anything near a 2nd yellow.
And that right there explains why he won't be moved on in the summer.

Experience, cool headed, calmness and ability.

Compare that to Holding's performance.
He shit himself everytime Sonny git the ball.

Ben Davies' become an unsung hero now, going about his business silently. He must be the most improved Spurs player this season.
I have been a strong advocate for Spurs to get a new LCB this summer - listing Bastoni, Gvardiol & Ndicka as my favorites - but I will feel sorry for Davies to be sent to the bench again after yet another rock-solid game. And whoever Spurs sign will have to fight for the starting spot

The guy loves the club and does whatever is asked of him. Gives everything whenever he's on the pitch.

Exactly the kind of player we need either starting or on the bench.

Well deserved new contract.

300th game today and what a game to have for the milestone. The bloke doesn't have big pace and doesn't have glistening technique, but his positioning and football IQ really shines in games like these. Was always in the right spot defensively, like an extra centre back, but also popped up in space on the left going forward multiple times and motors ahead at the right moments.

Proper professional and great squad player for Spurs over the years.

Dat header, bruv.

E3ryDhEX0AA230q.jpg
Is he pregnant in this photo? Why is he holding his belly?

It's nice to see the appreciation for Ben. He has been absolutely rock solid for us whenever he's been called upon for the entirety of his Spurs career. He's kept his head down, worked hard, caused no issues and gave his all every time he puts the shirt on.

Not a flashy or glamorous player, just puts his head down and gets the job done. Let's hope he bounces back quickly from this injury.

Back
Top Bottom