Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First time poster from the States here. Known about this forum for a while and figure nows as good a time as ever to join.

You have to be heartbroken over Poch and the way it all went down for him. But in all honesty you have to say he just looked liked he didn’t want to be at the club anymore, from his attitude on the sidelines to some of the lineup / subs this season. You knew something had to give and this unfortunately was it.

I am excited for the Jose era though. A winning manager is hopefully the last piece of the puzzle after all the rebuilding we have done. I really think he’s coming into this with something to prove. after watching the training video and his little speech there I am highly optimistic he will be good for us. Not saying I wanted it this way but it is what it is for the next few seasons. Interesting to see what happens the next time Ericksen steps on the pitch.

COYS!!

Last edited:
My chelsea mate was clearly bothered when the news broke. He was the one who informed me in fact but he tried to keep his feelings hidden, talk calmly about it all.

Then I sent him the interview with Spurs tv and he absolutely lost his shit. Said Jose had been a legend but because of the “my club” comment was no longer. He is absolutely triggered by it.
jose-mourinho-laugh.gif

He warranted staying on the pitch due to being one of our best defenders.
And yet his defensive header from that last free kick was weak, which put pressure on Winks, which...

Imagine that had been Dier, he would be getting roasted.

I'm not digging Harry out, obviously, just that mistakes are collective affairs. My father-in-law was chief mechanic for Iberia at Madrid Airport, he told me about a training course they had done examining just this. They looked at an incident in which the windscreen of a 747 completely blew out at cruising altitude (thankfully the pilot managed to land the plane without any injury to anyone). Anyhow, they traced the evolution of the fault, which was initially attibuted to one person or service area, and found that ten or so people or units had been involved, each contributing a small but unnoticed addition to the problem until its awful conclusion.

He said the course had pretty much changed his life in some ways, not just professionally, but also in many other contexts. The one that occurred to me was football (he's a big fan too) and he agreed, how a goal against or a sending off or whatever is the culmination of a series of events, that pinning the blame on one person - Aurier, Kane, Winks, Lloris is insane, yes all those played their part but so did other elements that may have gone unnoticed, and other actors at earlier stages - Bale missing, Sánchez's own goal, Reguilon allowing the player inside, Moura not tracking back, Kane not passing to a better placed striker, Mourinho's sub choices etc etc etc.

Whenever I see one player being scapegoated I think back to this conversation. Pinning it all on one player is little more than venting your own prejudices and frustrations

All the bickering aside, I tell you what I have just watched and that is a side that knew exactly what they were doing. Not just this game but the last 3 games we have seen an unchanged side and each and everyone of them players knew what was expected of them and worked as a well oiled team.
Who gives a fuck about possession, we used to have 70% possession and fail to break teams down. In the past week we have scored 8 goals and that’s because the players knew what to do, it was a plan that worked.

After watching Everton and Bournemouth, i though that’s it I can’t watch this, but the past 3 games have made me realise that Jose could well be the answer.
In The past, I’ve watched teams attack us and sat there thinking here comes a goal, but lately I’ve willed teams on to attack us so we can break away and score.. that’s exactly what’s happened and it’s been a pleasure to watch.
We had a settled back 4 and side that clicked, with an addition or two who knows.? I take my hat of to Jose and I am starting to think that we may have a way forward, a chance to win things, a winner, a manager with a vision.
I didn’t think I’d be saying this a couple of weeks ago but I actually think we should stick with Jose and watch what happens..

So... does anyone else find it a weird coincidence that during the Amazon documentary filming we sack Poch, install José, and do so just in time for a delicious narrative-stuffed game against his old club at Old Trafford...

... which happens to be one of the first PL games shown on - that's right - Amazon Prime.

giphy.gif

It is just one of those weird things, but enough for Gobbygonk Gobbygonk to make a wall chart out of.
:allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom