Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What rubbish you spout. Honestly agenda on display.

Boring and simply wrong.

We get to finals and semi-finals but lose because of ENIC and Levy.

How much tripe will people fall for. Incredible

Long time lurker to this board but had to create an account to reply to this.

It's this ignorance that makes the Spurs fans probably the biggest ownership apologists in the PL. Let me take you back to 17/18 champions league final, Liverpool vs Real Madrid. Liverpool on the cusp of winning the biggest trophy in Europe. What happened? Their keeper bottled it. Klopp half protected him from the media but knew he'd never rely on him ever again. What did the owners do for Klopp? That's right, they backed their man and spent £66m on Alisson - £66m on a goal keeper, notwithstanding what they'd already spent on VVD. What happened the following season? Oh that's right, they beat us in the champions league final with that man in goal. The ownership had absolutely everything with Liverpool getting over the line.

Now what did Enic do on our road to European glory that same time? They broke the premier league record for not signing a single player for an entire calendar year. Now before you say, "but muh shiny new stadium cost a lot of money", if you're in the business of football and you have to sacrifice footballing matters for an entire year with a squad already in decline, at best that is poor planning and at worse, gross negligence. Poch got us to a European INSPITE of Levy and Enic, not thanks to them and they rewarded him with the sack the following season.

Keep apologizing for Enic & Co, enjoy the Beyonce show and do let me know how fast the go-karting track is.

Ole reading Romano's tweet.

fjtKsYm.jpg

Some of our supporters thinking that after two fucking games Conte is going to turn this shower of shit into something semi-decent.

Let's get real here, this team has been coached in anti-football for a very long time now and we have a team that has had poor signings and needs a big rebuild, a BIG rebuild.

Conte has a job on his hands and it's not something that will get resolved this season, lower your expectations and hope that our chairman backs him in the transfer market because that's the only way out of this mess.

Over the last 4 games, we've had 6 different players scoring

Son x3
PEH
Regi
Lucas
Sanchez
Kane

The level of dynamism that Conte has brought to our attack is outstanding.

Can't imagine what we'll look like if Conte is allowed to bring in 3-4 players of his liking.

I'll be honest, I've been so down about everything football related since the Champions League final. Against my better judgement, I genuinely believed I'd walk out of WHL that night with Tottenham champions of Europe. I don't think I've ever been right since.

Everything since then has done little to bring me round, but I'm finally ready to let this club ruin me once more, and it's down to this man.

Next season, we're winning the fucking league.

Up the Spurs.

Last edited:
Negotiations are normally secret in the business world. Thankfully in football someone pops out of the room every 10 minutes and phones everyone with updates.

Offering another Neutral's perspective because I am thoroughly annoyed by the sheer patronising tone of the Barca lad.
I like Conte and I think he is one of the top 5 managers in the world right now. He will give every player a chance like Klopp did when he joined us and there'll be more than a few nights like this. I remember when Newcastle thumped us in one of Klopp's early games. Players will look tired and run out of gas late game because they havent had a tough pre season.
The current tottenham team is probably nearly as bad as the Liverpool team that he took over with a couple bright spots. This will take more than a couple seasons to improve because you cannot replace 7 starting XI players in one window.
There are a few more things that are positive for Spurs in that now they have a DoF so they are unlikely to buy players that Conte doesnt want. Edwards was promoted to DoF and transfer camaraderie improved significantly there.
The biggest challenge will be dependant on Paratici's ability to get the quality Conte expects within the budget constraints and with Conte being able to dictate the players that need to go out. It is far too important to clear out poor influences early in the regime and we had a lot of deadwood gone in the first summer including Allen, Benteke, Toure, Skrtel and Balotelli. Except Benteke, the rest sold for nothing. Levy MUST be prepared to take that hit because otherwise they cannot move on and that is not something a manager will compromise on. We couldnt sell Sakho but he was removed from the squad for his ill discipline and poor training. Conte will probably want Alli gone if he truly is a lazy trainer.
More than anything, the fans will need to be patient because this will be a long process and given the league level is much higher than 2015, it'll take time and there'll be runs of bad results/performances where he'll need backing. Managers like Conte that have this genuine enthusiasm and coaching nous for the sport are very rare and I hope he gets the support he deserves. I like Tottenham as a team and opponent and I'd have them getting some success over any of the other so-called big 6 rivals for us but remembering how it was for us when it began, I can only say that patience will be key in everything and the moment that runs out in any one facet, the thing will collapse.

Back
Top Bottom